Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
National Walleye Tour 2014 dates - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 09-18-2013, 07:27 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Scully View Post
just saw this posted on facebook
That was my post
NPAA#555
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2013, 07:36 PM
Slot Fish

Default Oconto Was Ready

Oconto was ready and would loved to have hosted NWT in 2014
Old 09-18-2013, 07:40 PM
Slot Fish

Default Oconto

Oconto was ready for a 2014 spot maybe even the Championship
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2013, 07:50 PM
Slot Fish

Lets hope Erie is open for Detroit River Tourney. You won't see any big bags cominig out of the river in June.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:01 AM
Minnow

Cool Subject to Change

Something seems fishy on the dates and/or locations. Have faith in the asterisk*
Old 09-19-2013, 01:41 PM
Slot Fish

Default asterisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sander vitreus 01 View Post
Something seems fishy on the dates and/or locations. Have faith in the asterisk*

They had the asterisk this year on all the dates. I was told that it was due to the risks with mother nature (ice, floods, ramping faclities getting damaged by storms, ect).
Old 09-21-2013, 09:34 PM
Walleye Wierdo

Default Strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleyeyed View Post
Lets hope Erie is open for Detroit River Tourney. You won't see any big bags cominig out of the river in June.
I sure hope Erie is open, that is a bad pick for June. Not really impressed with that schedule for 2014. Was hoping a return to Erie, either out of PC again, as it really allowed for a ton of nice fish to be brought in but the weather did not work out. Guys ran 30-50 miles to pull fish.
I spoke to Anthony Wright (NWT Director) who said they would like a return to Erie with a more central port. I gave him a list of three or four that could handle this event and even contacts for some of the mayors, tourism board heads etc.
That apparently feel on deaf ears as they moved it farther away from the good Erie bite that time of year.
Really wanted to fish this next year but think I will save my cash for some upgrades or something else.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:53 PM
John E. Fever

Default Agreed

I agree. If the stops are the ones that are posted. Pure and Simple, they suck!
Old 09-22-2013, 07:17 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleyeyed View Post
No, but it would be a heck of allot more competitive! I'd like to see the River and just MI waters of Erie. Small chance for a blow day and everyone will be able to get to the same fish. Should be limits almost across the board still, but just smaller bags. Still bigger bags than just about anywhere but Ohio. The Ohio thing has gotten a bit lame year after year after year. Most of time it's a battle of who's got the bigger ca-hones, not who is the better fisherman.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:17 PM
NPAA 899

Default What about Cleveland or Geneva that time of year?

June 20th would be a great time of year for a stop at Cleveland or even Geneva. The techniques that time of year are a little different than what we see every year out of Port Clinton.......I think the closest big fish bite at the end of June would be the weather buoy nort of Vermillion which is a long way from Trenton.....Makes my decision of not fishing the NWT next year an easy one tho.....Gonna spend the money on a Canadian fly in instead