Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
AIM™ Announces AIM Weekend Walleye Series - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 11-05-2013, 12:57 PM
Charter Member

Default AIM™ Announces AIM Weekend Walleye Series

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Published November 5th 2013

AIM™ Announces AIM Weekend Walleye Series

Anglers Insight Marketing LLC (AIM™) is pleased to announce the formation of a new tournament circuit aimed squarely at the grass-roots walleye angler.

The newly formed AIM Weekend Walleye Series will feature exciting team style competition with anglers competing in several states including Minnesota and Wisconsin. These events will showcase AIM’s revolutionary Catch-Record-Release™ (CRR) tournament format where anglers will measure, photograph, and immediately release all walleyes caught. Since no fish are kept, this unique and exciting tournament format allows AIM™ to hold highly competitive events on waters with restrictive slots or other regulations that make these waters less attractive to tournament anglers. Minnesota’s famed Mille Lacs Lake is a prime example, and AIM’s revolutionary CRR format will guarantee great competition on this heavily regulated fishery with minimal impact to the lake’s resources. “There are a bunch of anglers who have waited a long time to get after the big slot fish in Mille Lacs and have them count in a tournament,” says AIM Board of Directors member Jim Carroll. “We are very excited to finally give them the opportunity in 2014. “

Anglers Insight Marketing™ has been holding high profile walleye tournaments across the country since 2009, and the cutting edge AIM Pro Walleye Series will also continue in 2014. “We saw a real need in the industry for professionally run, grassroots level events for weekend warriors,” says AIM Board Member Brett King. “And we have refined our CRR process to the point where we are comfortable bringing this format to team style tournaments.”

The AIM Weekend Walleye Series will feature low entry fees and lucrative payouts with fair competition for all contestants. Event details and schedules are being finalized, and more information will soon be available at www.aimfishing.com

Anglers Insight Marketing, LLC (AIM™) is a unique tournament organization which is owned by stockholders, the majority of which are Professional walleye anglers. AIM Professionals are among the All Stars of professional fishing, with cumulative HUNDREDS of years of tournament experience, including countless tournament victories, series championships, and Angler of the Year titles. This insight and knowledge is now being employed to provide the finest tournament experience for the participants, and the maximum exposure for the host tournament sites and corporate partners.

AIM Marketing Partners: Yamaha Marine, Nitro Boats, Navionics, Power Pole, Worldwide Marine Insurance and The City of Oconto.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2013, 04:15 PM
support aim

Default Go aim!!

Really glad to hear this. Should help make it easier to grow interest in the sport by making things more affordable.
"low entry fees and lucrative payouts" I cringed when reading this phrase...If this was truly "lucrative" fields would be full a day after sign-up.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:30 PM
Slot Fish

Great News!
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2013, 04:41 PM
Wallhanger

A little birdie told me something like this might be happening. Great news

thanks.

John Mickish
NPAA# 379
Old 11-05-2013, 05:23 PM
Slot Fish

Robert Cartlidge lookout !!!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2013, 07:56 PM
Minnow

Default North Dakota

Jim do you think there will be some North Dakota lakes on the schedule?
Old 11-06-2013, 04:38 AM
Super Moderator

And we have refined our CRR process to the point where we are comfortable bringing this format to team style tournaments.”

The AIM Weekend Walleye Series will feature low entry fees and lucrative payouts with fair competition for all contestants.

Can you describe how this process has been refined to the point of not needing an observer/co angler in the boat to keep things honest?

Don't get me wrong....I like the CRR format. I'm all for keeping the walleye swimming in the lakes and rivers....truly!

I'm just skeptical that it can't be done "fairly" in a team format when prize money is on the line.

While I like to believe that most men are honest, I also know there are some who will do anything to win that payout and title.

How will AIM's format keep this from happening in a team event? Or, are you just hoping that everyone will play by the rules? Which really shouldn't be a lot to ask, but unfortunately, we know it happens.
NPAA#89

Supporting Vendor
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
JulsWalleyeFishingAdventures.com
Old 11-06-2013, 06:45 AM
Vikings Fan

Just wondering what happened to Lund and Mercury as, "Marketing Partners"?
Juls makes a valid point based on my experience fishing team tournaments.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:56 AM
Wallhanger

Sounds good Jim! Can't wait to see the schedule.

2020 Lund 1975 Pro-V
225 Mercury 15 Mercury
Ulterra 112 I Pilot Link MDI
Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA+ SI (2)
Humminbird 360
Old 11-06-2013, 07:50 AM
Wallhanger

Default why such a hurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juls View Post
And we have refined our CRR process to the point where we are comfortable bringing this format to team style tournaments.”

The AIM Weekend Walleye Series will feature low entry fees and lucrative payouts with fair competition for all contestants.

Can you describe how this process has been refined to the point of not needing an observer/co angler in the boat to keep things honest?

Don't get me wrong....I like the CRR format. I'm all for keeping the walleye swimming in the lakes and rivers....truly!

I'm just skeptical that it can't be done "fairly" in a team format when prize money is on the line.

While I like to believe that most men are honest, I also know there are some who will do anything to win that payout and title.

How will AIM's format keep this from happening in a team event? Or, are you just hoping that everyone will play by the rules? Which really shouldn't be a lot to ask, but unfortunately, we know it happens.
What is the point of of conjecture on this; let it play out and if the system they use is not strong enough time will tell. In the meantime be thankful they are attempting to offer another opportunity to tourney anglers who prefer a team format.