Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2015 nwt - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 09-11-2014, 05:57 AM
Slot Fish

Lake of the woods
Detroit river (river only) or pool 4 April
Oahe is always a good
Cass lake June
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2014, 03:11 PM
Wallhanger

Lake Huron in NE Lower Michigan around May. If the weather is right, you could have anywhere from the Mackinaw bridge to Saginaw Bay in play. Nice fish too!
Old 09-14-2014, 07:35 PM
Keeper

Pool 4 in May
Winnibigosh in June or September
Lake of the Woods in July or August
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2014, 03:46 PM
wallygator24

Red Wing in April

Lake Erie in June (East)

Saginaw Bay in August

Championship Green Bay September or October
Old 09-16-2014, 01:50 PM
Slot Fish

I agree with Sault eyes! All of these bigger name tournys and who run them, which are few that are even left, keep going to the same locations year after year. These places while yea maybe great places to fish are beaten up on each year and so what's the challenge of going back to the same place every year. Every tourney, well most it seems, seem to be out west. Make it more of a challenge and explore some other sites. There are plenty of other just as good or even better waters to fish and provide new challenges then going to the ol same bodies of water year after year. For me it get's old seeing the not so new schedules come out and same bodies of water being chosen. It loses my interest IMO. JMO......Maybe Detroit R-Spring, Lk Erie-May, Saginaw Bay-Lk Huron-Late June, Sault or Escanaba end of August.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:59 PM
Charter Member

Lake Erie, April, late.
Fort Peck - June
Lake of the Woods, August
Columbia River - September
Lake Winnipeg - October

Just because I would like to fish them, does not mean I could afford to fish any of them.

However I do daydream from time to time about organizing a tournament in September for Columbia River, and if people want to show up we'll have a tournament, have some fun during a week of prefishing, and then cap off the week with a competition. if they don't show up, I can still just be there fishing! There's no lose in that program...

Have no idea what OR, WA regs are on tournies...
Old 09-20-2014, 03:20 PM
Keeper

The Columbia River walleye community would welcome you! We have a few great tournaments every year. Unfortunately there is a pretty big hill and many miles between us and the rest of the Walleye world. The competition would be great, there are some very good walleye fisherman out here.
90hp Mercury ELPT EFI Four Stroke
Minn Kota 55 PowerDrive V2 with i-Pilot
Humminbird 798ci SI
Old 09-20-2014, 04:34 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhowellsfishing View Post
I would love to see something completely different than the norm, some place that hasn't had a major tournament on, (everyone starts from scratch).
Agree to a point...Add upper Minnesota...Winnie, Leech or Cass.....Cass does well in Sept. for the MWC But I would like to see an August run to one of these lakes. The height of summer. Warm waters and tough fishing.

Make us work!
Helix 5

It's all fun and games till someone loses a walleye!
Old 09-21-2014, 01:43 PM
Keeper

Default I wish

Would like to see Sakakawea on the list Also the Missouri close to Bismarck.
Old 09-21-2014, 02:24 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesbme View Post
I agree with Sault eyes! All of these bigger name tournys and who run them, which are few that are even left, keep going to the same locations year after year. These places while yea maybe great places to fish are beaten up on each year and so what's the challenge of going back to the same place every year. Every tourney, well most it seems, seem to be out west. Make it more of a challenge and explore some other sites. There are plenty of other just as good or even better waters to fish and provide new challenges then going to the ol same bodies of water year after year.
If good or challenging fishing were the only concern it would be easy to go somewhere new for every tournament. The problem is that in order for a tournament series to survive they need to make money. A lot of the money it seems right now comes from sponsors. One of those sponsors is the city hosting the tournament. Not all cities see the value in bringing a tournament to town so that eliminates some waters. Next in order to keep other sponsors you need anglers and fans. A tournament series has a hard time taking a chance on new waters when they know they can go to Erie or Green bay and have 100 - 150 boats. Too many 50 boat tournaments and the sponsors start to find other places to spend their money.

I don't think there is anyone involved with tournaments that wouldn't like to be back a few years ago when they fields were full and sponsors were plentiful. Everyone is trying to make the best of what there is now and hope that the days get better not worse.