Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
AIM Weekend Tournaments - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 11-17-2014, 05:55 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnin raps View Post
Allen,
I'm sure that we will see it within the next couple of months if not sooner. I know AIM is working hard on it and has been. My guess is they are waiting on either permit approvals or some other information to be released to them. It's difficult having to schedule your vacation a year in advance, coming from experience because mine actually had to be turned in today. I would talk to the individual(s) in charge of your vacation scheduling and see if you can work something out together. In my case I have to schedule 1/2 of mine now and the other half when the tournament schedules are all out. The approach worked for me and the only way you will know is to ask... so good luck.
I used to have to put in ahead of time but I'm retired now, it's Troy my partner who has to schedule next month, I believe Mr. Larson does too, and wouldn't surprise me if a few others had to also.

Seems the larger the company, the less flexible they are.

Maybe they could post dates as they figure them out.

Where they'll be, we can deal with later.

Thanks, good luck to you too.

al
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2014, 07:22 AM
Charter Member

Default Schedules Soon

AIM
Presented by Yamaha Marine and Warrior Boats

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Published November 14th, 2014

FOX NAMED AWWS NATIONAL TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR

Anglers Insight Marketing (AIM) is pleased to announce that Denny Fox has been named National Tournament Director for the AIM Weekend Walleye Series (AWWS).

As National Tournament Director, Fox will be responsible for the day to day operations of the AWWS and will oversee the planned expansion of the series in 2015.

“I am very excited to take on this endeavor. I look forward to working with grassroots anglers to create a cutting edge team tournament circuit. I’ve been involved on the fishing side for a long time and feel I have some good ideas to help grow our sport for a new generation of tournament anglers.”

Fox served as the AWWS WI Division Tournament Director this past season and will continue in that role along with his new duties as National Tournament Director.

The 2015 AWWS schedules are being finalized and more information will soon be available at www.aimfishing.com

Anglers Insight Marketing LLC (AIM™) is a unique tournament organization created and owned by many of the most accomplished and recognizable professional walleye anglers, along with others who share the mission of advancing competitive walleye fishing and making it sustainable into the future. AIM is committed to marketing excellence on behalf of its tournament competitors, the tournament host communities, and the brands that partner with it. AIM is also committed to maintaining healthy fisheries across the nation by the development of the exclusive AIM Catch-Record-Release™ format which is integral to its dynamic events and unparalleled consumer engagement. For more information about AIM™, AIM Pro Walleye Series™, AIM Weekend Walleye Series, AIM sponsors and AIM anglers, visit www.aimfishing.com.

AIM Marketing Partners: Yamaha Marine, Warrior Boats, Alumacraft Boats, Nitro Boats, Mercury Marine, Navionics, Amsoil, Power Pole, Worldwide Marine Insurance, Team Lodge, Gemini Sport Marketing, National Fleet Graphics, The City of Oconto and PowerTran.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:23 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Carroll View Post
AIM
Presented by Yamaha Marine and Warrior Boats

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Published November 14th, 2014

FOX NAMED AWWS NATIONAL TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR

Anglers Insight Marketing (AIM) is pleased to announce that Denny Fox has been named National Tournament Director for the AIM Weekend Walleye Series (AWWS).

As National Tournament Director, Fox will be responsible for the day to day operations of the AWWS and will oversee the planned expansion of the series in 2015.

“I am very excited to take on this endeavor. I look forward to working with grassroots anglers to create a cutting edge team tournament circuit. I’ve been involved on the fishing side for a long time and feel I have some good ideas to help grow our sport for a new generation of tournament anglers.”

Fox served as the AWWS WI Division Tournament Director this past season and will continue in that role along with his new duties as National Tournament Director.

The 2015 AWWS schedules are being finalized and more information will soon be available at www.aimfishing.com

Anglers Insight Marketing LLC (AIM™) is a unique tournament organization created and owned by many of the most accomplished and recognizable professional walleye anglers, along with others who share the mission of advancing competitive walleye fishing and making it sustainable into the future. AIM is committed to marketing excellence on behalf of its tournament competitors, the tournament host communities, and the brands that partner with it. AIM is also committed to maintaining healthy fisheries across the nation by the development of the exclusive AIM Catch-Record-Release™ format which is integral to its dynamic events and unparalleled consumer engagement. For more information about AIM™, AIM Pro Walleye Series™, AIM Weekend Walleye Series, AIM sponsors and AIM anglers, visit www.aimfishing.com.

AIM Marketing Partners: Yamaha Marine, Warrior Boats, Alumacraft Boats, Nitro Boats, Mercury Marine, Navionics, Amsoil, Power Pole, Worldwide Marine Insurance, Team Lodge, Gemini Sport Marketing, National Fleet Graphics, The City of Oconto and PowerTran.
Thanks Jim, understand things take time, but a few of us don't have much more time to get a time slot from where they work, and it makes for a few nervous fishermen.

Al
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2014, 10:26 AM
Keeper

Default Schedule

My boss asked me for my vacation dates for 2015 today. Should have seen the look I got when I told him I was waiting on the AIM schedule......

He has no idea, I had to explain... Fishin stuff ..
Old 11-18-2014, 03:26 PM
Larry unclogged

Default Patience

Gentlemen, have some patience. NWT and MWC just released their schedules in the past two weeks. Some of you started asking about those schedules in early October. They get it, you need to know the dates ASAP! Now sit back and wait and quit asking.

If they would have given out preliminary dates and then changed them because of conflicts with other tours, then the same exact ones would have come on tree and dissed them for any changes. They have a lot of work to do to finalize the dates and AIM does not have the same resources as NWT and MWC.

Tell your boss that you don't know the dates yet and require some time. I can't imagine any company that forces you to provide vacation days in November of the prior year and then doesn't allow you to change later. If they are that restrictive on YOUR precious vacation time, perhaps another company would value your contributions?

Time to man up here and quit wining boys!
Old 11-18-2014, 04:45 PM
Wallhanger

In many cases vacations are granted based on seniority and date the vacation was scheduled. You know, early bird gets the worm, late bird gets what's left over.

It does zero harm to any circuit to get their schedule out early. I'm not saying it has to come out in September, but having things all but finalized by the beginning of November, and written in stone by the beginning of December would do everybody some good.

John Mickish
NPAA# 379
Old 11-18-2014, 05:30 PM
Keeper

Thanks for the post Jim! Im excited to see what AIM has in store for next season.
Old 11-18-2014, 06:41 PM
Slot Fish

So what if AIM would announce a schedule right away and double book weekends with the NWT or MWC causing a low turn out. Not a good idea in my books. I understand not all will fish the NWT but there are a few teams that will do some MWC and AIM tournys. Interesting to see how this affects the MWC tournament on May 8&9th as it is the same weekend as the NWT.
Minn kota Ipilot terrova
Lowrance HDS 5,7, and 8
Old 11-18-2014, 07:32 PM
Wallhanger

Your right Brett, double booking wouldn't do anyone any good, but a little communication would go a long ways. Some double booking will be unavoidable as it happens every year.

John Mickish
NPAA# 379
Old 11-19-2014, 07:57 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Walleye View Post
Your right Brett, double booking wouldn't do anyone any good, but a little communication would go a long ways. Some double booking will be unavoidable as it happens every year.
You think a little communication between the major tourneys would go a long way. imho
Not sure if they talk to each other or not, or if it'd do any good.

Al