Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Cabelas NWT championship on devils lake - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 09-18-2015, 07:55 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by localbc View Post
What a bunch of BS! Your tourney comes to a town, then some idiots pay someone to dig out trench in a paved road at 2 in the morning that's county property (basically destroying public property), and you as a tourney director let fisherman use it? Cabelas and the NWT should be ashamed of themselves! They have a LOT of explaining to do to both the fishing profession for allowing and then basically supporting criminal behavior and to the local community for the damage they allowed their anglers to do. Any fisherman who uses this should be totally ashamed of themselves whether they were involved in the digging or not. It's not right and you know it. If that's the kind of person you are, please don't ever come back to our community. We love tourists, but your kind can stay home.

You mad bro?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2015, 08:02 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorthairsrus View Post
The cutting of trees, bushes and/or logs after the start of the pretournament meeting and/or
the removal of official local, state or federal barricades at any time to make an area more
accessible by boat is strictly prohibited and may result in disqualification from the
tournament. The use of cables, ropes, chains or any type of block and tackle system to
maneuver a boat into fishing waters is strictly prohibited and will result in disqualification

Contestants may fish anywhere on tournament waters available to the public and accessible
by boat, except areas posted or otherwise designated as “off-limits,” “no boats,” “keep out,”
“restricted,” “no trespassing” or “no fishing” (or similar language or markings intended to
restrict public access) by NWT, local, state or federal officials, or within a contestant’s firstmarked
fishing area. A

Is a windswept once water covered road considered a barricade?

The definitions I looked up for barricade indicates they are obstructions built for keeping things out. Since the purpose of the road is transportation, and its been inundated by flood waters, I would say no, it is does not fit the definition of a barricade. So game on.
Old 09-18-2015, 08:05 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by localbc View Post
...We love tourists, but your kind can stay home.
So you are saying you know who did it, and they are not local?

Let's not jump to conclusions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2015, 08:15 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdie22 View Post
The definitions I looked up for barricade indicates they are obstructions built for keeping things out. Since the purpose of the road is transportation, and its been inundated by flood waters, I would say no, it is does not fit the definition of a barricade. So game on.
i conccur
Old 09-18-2015, 08:33 AM
Wallhanger

I wonder who used the trench? If it is someone in 50th place...not such a big deal. If it is a couple of anglers in the top ten, then its an issue.
Old 09-18-2015, 08:36 AM
localbc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burr View Post
So you are saying you know who did it, and they are not local?

Let's not jump to conclusions.
You're right. I guess there is a local in it. If they were involved my apologies to our tourist friends for my jumping to conclusions. Still can't believe the NWT would allow anglers to use it knowing it was created by a criminal act involving their tourney fisherman. Can you imagine what would happen if some fisherman went and dug up county owned property if this was in Minnesota or some other state? I still have ZERO respect for any team that fishes this area knowing the circumstances. When they do find those involved in it I sure hope the NWT and Cabelas does the right thing and bans them from their future tourneys. If it was a local I know there'll be many of us who will push the Chamber and local fishing clubs to not allow them to fish any of our sponsored tourneys.
Old 09-18-2015, 08:37 AM
DL58301

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdie22 View Post
Barricade or not, completely tearing apart county property after midnight for the purpose of a tournament is completely stupid. Must have known its not right if it needed to occur at that hour of the night.
Old 09-18-2015, 08:57 AM
Keeper

So it must have been a local as i dont know of any pros who pull a track hoe with them on the road. If they hired some one surprised they did it. Maybe they rented one. So what is it going to cost the county to fix the destroyed property. Were they planning on using this road again.
Old 09-18-2015, 09:06 AM
Wallhanger

Is it speculation that is was done "after-hours". Or is it confirmed that it was done in the middle of the night?
Old 09-18-2015, 09:07 AM
localbc

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntracker View Post
So it must have been a local as i dont know of any pros who pull a track hoe with them on the road. If they hired some one surprised they did it. Maybe they rented one. So what is it going to cost the county to fix the destroyed property. Were they planning on using this road again.
It sounds like they hired someone who went and did it at 2 in the morning. I hear the County Commissioners are PISSED! Only one angler took his co there yesterday as they were warned at the rules meeting. That individual is in 4th place. Today, who knows? One county commissioner said they'd hoped to make he entire area a fishing/lake enjoyment recreation area. Since the highway was rerouted supposedly it can't be joined back to the main highway again so it was given to the county. It'd be a great fishing/lake enjoyment area. You'd have a couple miles of paved road to fish and enjoy the lake off of without vehicles going by at high speeds. Can't wait until they catch the contractor and those who paid him.