Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Cabelas NWT championship on devils lake - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 09-18-2015, 09:18 AM
Wallhanger

can somone point it out on google maps where this happened? i see old 281 and the under water road. is round lake that crucial of a spot?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2015, 09:24 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by localbc View Post
It sounds like they hired someone who went and did it at 2 in the morning. I hear the County Commissioners are PISSED! Only one angler took his co there yesterday as they were warned at the rules meeting. That individual is in 4th place. Today, who knows? One county commissioner said they'd hoped to make he entire area a fishing/lake enjoyment recreation area. Since the highway was rerouted supposedly it can't be joined back to the main highway again so it was given to the county. It'd be a great fishing/lake enjoyment area. You'd have a couple miles of paved road to fish and enjoy the lake off of without vehicles going by at high speeds. Can't wait until they catch the contractor and those who paid him.
The heck so are they saying it was him that hired the guy. I cant imagine some one coming to me and wanting the hoe to go out at 2 am and do it. Must really be a legit contractor or he got paid a h#ll of a lot of money
Old 09-18-2015, 10:00 AM
localbc

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntracker View Post
The heck so are they saying it was him that hired the guy. I cant imagine some one coming to me and wanting the hoe to go out at 2 am and do it. Must really be a legit contractor or he got paid a h#ll of a lot of money
I believe the guy that fished there said he had nothing to do with it and since the rules say you can go everywhere he was going there. Most locals figure he probably knows more than he's pretending too, but if not he still should have taken the high road. But the real fault in this whole thing is in the hands of the tourney director. There's no way he should have allowed this to happen. All his mishandling of this has done is pissed off the community and those fisherman who didn't go there due to what he said at the rules meeting. Sounds like quite a few of the pro's are really pissed.

It's going to be interesting how it all plays out...... Now we all get to wait to hear THE REST OF THE STORY!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2015, 10:08 AM
Keeper

Ya sounds like it should have just been said to not use it at all. Either way i hope Chad pulls another good weight today.
Old 09-18-2015, 12:06 PM
Minnow

Default Nwt

Quote:
Originally Posted by localbc View Post
It sounds like they hired someone who went and did it at 2 in the morning. I hear the County Commissioners are PISSED! Only one angler took his co there yesterday as they were warned at the rules meeting. That individual is in 4th place. Today, who knows? One county commissioner said they'd hoped to make he entire area a fishing/lake enjoyment recreation area. Since the highway was rerouted supposedly it can't be joined back to the main highway again so it was given to the county. It'd be a great fishing/lake enjoyment area. You'd have a couple miles of paved road to fish and enjoy the lake off of without vehicles going by at high speeds. Can't wait until they catch the contractor and those who paid him.
Why would one go there if you had been warned not too? They should have an official response to this as I too saw the comment on the NWT's facebook page, and now it is gone, stating they could use the new passage the 2nd day. I have met several of these pro's before, and the one's I have met all hold themselves in the highest order of respect for what they do. It's too bad something like this has to happen and be related to the NWT as it is a very well run, including the format, tournament. Hopefully, more is shed on what happened so we do not have to draw up -- and state -- any false conclusions. Rumors can be so ugly!

Jeff
Old 09-18-2015, 03:03 PM
Keeper

No rumor that the sheriff is looking for the backhoe operator.
Old 09-18-2015, 03:09 PM
Keeper

MINNEWAUKAN, N.D. (KFGO-AM) -- Law enforcement is investigating who is responsible for cutting through a section of highway on the west end of Devils Lake.
Benson County Sheriff Steve Rohrer says it appears heavy equipment was used to allow boat access to part of the lake. He says he believes it took place early Mon. and may be tied to improving access for participants in the National Walleye Tournament.
The road, old Hwy. 281, had been under water in recent years. With a drop in the lake level, the highway was again exposed.
Rohrer says the road is owned by a township and cutting through it without authorization is illegal. He says he is following some leads.

Old 09-18-2015, 05:58 PM
Charter Member

I've been to Devils Lake. If that sheriff can't figure out who did it, he should be fired.

Old 09-18-2015, 07:38 PM
Minnow

This should have been nipped in the butt by tournament director right away! Hope they fine whoever is responsible and give them a penalty for next year.
Old 09-18-2015, 08:18 PM
Minnow

Default Which

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Hoffies View Post
I've been to Devils Lake. If that sheriff can't figure out who did it, he should be fired.
Which sheriff do you speak so lowly of? Ramsey or Benson? Maybe if you stop and think about it and they may have to investigate and get the whole story ..maybe then you can complain..until then..you are jumping to conclusions...reminds me of Ferguson.