Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
My stance on the Devils Lake 281 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 07:00 AM
Wallhanger

Default My stance on the Devils Lake 281

I feel it is all the tournament anglers responsibility to show their dismay or disgust for what happened out in Devils Lake. I feel all the anglers should show their support for the local officials that are investigating what happened at the old 281 road, and if anyone has any REAL credible information on who was involved please call. I had a nice talk with the Fish and Game Dept. and also the Sheriff. I have the Sheriffs number and if you have any info that would help I would be more than happy to send it his way.
I want to start by saying all the information is not yet out about who is responsible, most assume it is a tournament angler and by all accounts it does look that way but until the full investigation is complete please don't spread any rumors it is a bad situation already.
I DO NOT condone behavior like this it has given all of the hard working HIGHER CLASS fishermen a black eye. I am so disgusted by this situation I decided to end my career this past week doing what I love the most, tournament fishing. It has been such a great experience and I have met some great people but I have also seen the worst in some too and this scenario has shown me the evil that comes along with peoples wants and greed.
I do not know if a tournament angler did this disgusting act or if it was a local, but whoever did it BETTER BE PROSECUTED!! Whoever you are, and I hope you are NOT reading this because it would mean I know you, I hope they catch you, fine you, bar you from fishing tournaments EVER AGAIN and they better make it public so we ALL know who did this, what the **** were you thinking stupid!!!!!!!!!
AS FAR AS THE GUYS GOING AND FISHING THIS AREA WHEN WE WERE TOLD THAT WE SHOULDNT AND WE COULD HAVE GOTTEN FINED IF DONE SO........ I feel you took advantage of those of us that have ethics and morals who knew it was wrong to enter an area that was illegally trenched to get to. I feel you should have been DQ'd and at least you should be ashamed of slithering into the area like a coward. I have no respect for you and I know without a doubt one of you that did and I heard several also went, SHAME ON YOU!!
On the second day we were told to go for it and fish it if you wanted to by the NWT, I went and yes the fishing was great and we had fun except for one angler that was obviously fishing it on day one because he had to contend with more boats in there and of course me whom was already ticked off and didn't give a hoot about your wanting your space. TOUGH!!
If anyone has any information on what happened please call, I will be MORE THAN HAPPY TO FORWARD THE INFO TO THE SHERIFF.
I just wanted to make my stance on this situation perfectly clear and I hope all tournament anglers whether they fished this particular tournament or not make it clear that they also do not condone such behavior by fellow competitors.
Finally I would like to apologize to the Devils Lake community for what happened, it was not an act that we all do, only a few that have NO ethics would even think of such a thing to do. I hope you will forgive those that had no part in this cowardly act and I hope you will forgive those that fish with higher goals and morals. To the officials of Devils Lake I and I am sure most of us will work with you to help in any way we can to crucify those that participated in the trenching of a County Road.
I am sickened and sadden being forced to be grouped together with people that have to do this type of behavior, all fishing this tournament better feel the same way.............................
Don Loch #235
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2015, 09:25 AM
Charter Member

"We don't air our dirty laundry" ( quote from the PWT/FLW years back) has been the stance for many years from the marketing depts. of competitive walleye fishing.

For years the sport has tried to grow the fan base.

The NFL thrives on and sends press releases out when a star player beats up his wife. The NFL thrives on and sends press releases out when a star player is accused of cheating--"deflategate" as a recent example among many. The NFL thrives on this level of news every day all year long...as it is the most valuable sports entity in the world.

" We don't air our dirty laundry" as the sport of competitive walleye fishing goes no where...fast--30 years later.

FYI--I am NOT defending this road ordeal at Devils Lake....just sayin'!
Steve Fellegy #49
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things that matter. MLK
[email protected] or 651-270-3383 cell#
Old 09-20-2015, 09:29 AM
Wallhanger

Default Words to live by......

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things that matter." MLK

just saying...........
Don Loch #235
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2015, 09:37 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAH View Post
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things that matter." MLK

just saying...........
I agree with you Don!

I think your story needs to be national news...like it or not.
Steve Fellegy #49
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things that matter. MLK
[email protected] or 651-270-3383 cell#
Old 09-20-2015, 09:59 AM
Wallhanger

Default Respect

Steve I respect a lot of what you say, I try not to say much on WC but sometimes it needs to be said. I realize many will not agree with me saying what I have said but we anglers need to put this in check before it gets out of hand. We need to show everyone especially the venues that we are invited to that we as a larger group do NOT tolerate behavior like this and we can and will "police" ourselves with great consequences to those that stray and do negative things that reflect on us all as tournament anglers.
Don Loch #235
Old 09-20-2015, 10:13 AM
Wallhanger

Default Get it over with......

Absalutely the best thing to do is fess up, you WILL BE CAUGHT! Just explain why you did it, everyone makes stupid mistakes , **** look at me! LOL I am quite sure you didn't have any idea of the reprocussions on this and because it was a delapitated old road you didn't think it would be a big deal. I feel you will be delt with a bit easier by the law and us if you explain yourself now, not later.
Don Loch #235
Old 09-20-2015, 11:40 AM
Charter Member

Of course there is always the possibility this was done by someone who was not fishing the tournament too.

Just sayin. It may not be a tournament angler at all.
Old 09-20-2015, 12:08 PM
Wallhanger

Default Noted

"I do not know if a tournament angler did this disgusting act or if it was a local, but whoever did it BETTER BE PROSECUTED!!"

Yes Burr, that was addressed above..............
Don Loch #235
Old 09-20-2015, 12:30 PM
Wallhanger

I enjoyed your rant but I have no idea what your talking about! Please post a link or fill me in.
Old 09-20-2015, 12:51 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndstallmann View Post
I enjoyed your rant but I have no idea what your talking about! Please post a link or fill me in.
Here ya go,.............

http://kfgo.com/news/articles/2015/s...een-submerged/
Closed Thread