Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
HDS 7 Gen 1 ice pack - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Ice Fishing - Mainly a winter sport > Ice Fishing

Old 12-30-2019, 08:40 PM
Minnow

Default HDS 7 Gen 1 ice pack

Can anyone tell what Lowrance ice pack works for my HDS 7 GEN 1. I am looking to convert it for ice fishing.
Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2020, 09:32 AM
Wallhanger

Lowrance makes a couple of packs that come with all the accessories.one is for a 5" and one for 7".it will come with a standard ice transducer and you will have to more than likely go into your settings to to change the transducer type which i just did.otherwise it will not work properly
Old 01-08-2020, 09:12 AM
Keeper

I bought an Elite TI ice pack that I used last winter with an HDS 7 Gen3. I think the non-touch Gen1 and Gen2 versions of the HDS7 are a little bit taller, so it might be a tight fit. My HDS 7 ended up getting sold with my old boat last year and I bought a different graph for ice fishing, so that pack will end up getting sold. The ice transducer that came with has the black connector like the LSS transducer, rather than the blue connector like the skimmer. I'm not sure whether that still works with the older HDS units.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2020, 06:00 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerHornen View Post
I bought an Elite TI ice pack that I used last winter with an HDS 7 Gen3. I think the non-touch Gen1 and Gen2 versions of the HDS7 are a little bit taller, so it might be a tight fit. My HDS 7 ended up getting sold with my old boat last year and I bought a different graph for ice fishing, so that pack will end up getting sold. The ice transducer that came with has the black connector like the LSS transducer, rather than the blue connector like the skimmer. I'm not sure whether that still works with the older HDS units.
Sorry to dig up an old thread. DerHornen do you remember where you got the ice pack from? I Googled Elite Ti Ice Pack and got some results, just curious if it was the same one, doesn't say compatible with HDS Gen3.
Old 10-12-2020, 01:12 PM
Keeper

I can't remember anymore. It was tricky to find them at the time because Lowrance was dropping the Elite ice lineup in favor of the Hook series. It came with the transducer that had the black 9-pin connector, which I plugged into the structure scan port and it worked fine. I had ordered a separate blue connector ice transducer and ended up selling it since the 9-pin worked.

The new Elite Ti2 portable pack may not be compatible with a Gen3 if the transducer uses the newer style red connector.

https://www.lowrance.com/lowrance/ty...cer-mh-pk-asy/