Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Canadian border Closed - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 03-16-2020, 12:27 PM
Wallhanger

Default Canadian border Closed

[URL]https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/16/coronavirus-response-canada-closing-borders-to-non-citizens.html[/URL]

[B]Canada closing borders to non-citizens because of coronavirus, U.S. citizens exempt from ban ‘for the moment’[/B]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2020, 01:07 PM
Minnow

US tourists may enter BUT are required to self isolate for 14 days. The government is hoping that self isolation will persuade many US residents to not come.

Last edited by Thunder Bay Walleye; 03-16-2020 at 01:11 PM.
Old 03-16-2020, 01:23 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=Thunder Bay Walleye;6409246]US tourists may enter BUT are required to self isolate for 14 days. The government is hoping that self isolation will persuade many US residents to not come.[/QUOTE] That dont even sound logical ? Border closed but US citizens exempt ? Why even close it then ? Come on people!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2020, 01:40 PM
Minnow

Default Hope it blows over

I have been telling our group that it might close when all of this started about a month ago. They said I was crazy until I saw the prime ministers wife tested positive. I hope it is under control within a month or so but its not looking good.
Most of all I feel bad for the outfitters that rely on us Americans for their livelihood. Take care everyone and be safe out there.
Janitor
Old 03-16-2020, 01:54 PM

[QUOTE=Thunder Bay Walleye;6409246]US tourists may enter BUT are required to self isolate for 14 days. The government is hoping that self isolation will persuade many US residents to not come.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmmm, self isolation at a 14 day fly in fishing cabin. Where do I sign up?
Old 03-17-2020, 07:02 AM
Keeper

[QUOTE=1001;6409276]Hmmmmm, self isolation at a 14 day fly in fishing cabin. Where do I sign up?[/QUOTE]

We've been fishing Canada for 28 years usually 2 or 3 times a year. This is the first year that we decided to stay for 2 weeks in June. I wonder if that would count as our two week isolation?
Old 03-17-2020, 07:36 AM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=eyecatcher1;6409590]We've been fishing Canada for 28 years usually 2 or 3 times a year. This is the first year that we decided to stay for 2 weeks in June. I wonder if that would count as our two week isolation?[/QUOTE]

:laugh: I'm sure it will......................
Old 03-17-2020, 08:48 AM
Charter Member

This is pretty scary to say the least. We are all waiting to see what happens and what we're supposed to do. We're 2 months away from walleye opener, so that gives us some time before making a decision.

Keep in mind that resorts have to make all of their profits in a short window. So... losing June would cut their revenue (in most cases) by 1/3rd. The profitability on resorts isn't that high. If May and June are completely lost, there's a chance that some resorts could close entirely.

Please be patient, kind, and considerate to everyone right now. While the entire world is worried about getting the corona virus... many of us are also terrified of losing everything we own too. Even if we don't get sick many will lose their livelihood, homes, assets, retirements.... the government isn't going to bail us out like they did the banks a few years ago.

My major hope for the summer is the fact that very few of our guests travel on airplanes. So, their "exposure" can be very limited. Drive up in the car, stop for gas, get to the island healthy and safe.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:57 PM
Wallhanger

Default Follow-Up

Greetings,

Obabikon: Well said - a clear voice of reason!

Kindest regards....
Old 03-17-2020, 02:58 PM
Keeper

[QUOTE=Thunder Bay Walleye;6409246]US tourists may enter BUT are required to self isolate for 14 days. The government is hoping that self isolation will persuade many US residents to not come.[/QUOTE]

Hi--what exactly does this mean? That US citizens have to stay in Canada at least 14 days before returning? Sorry if I'm being a dummy here, but don't quite understand--thanks!