Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Bucktail Jigs - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 01-10-2004, 07:15 PM
Minnow

Default Bucktail Jigs

Im looking to buy some good looking bucktail jigs does anyone know someone who makes some killer bucktail jigs?Let me know thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2004, 08:05 PM
larry eaton

Default RE: Bucktail Jigs

my good friend HUTCH makes the best you can get.he even will make custom color combo`s that you want. heres his website
www.riverwalleyes.com
Old 01-10-2004, 08:31 PM
Wallhanger

i have a load of hutch,s jigs they are fine jigs for the price, there are also a few other guys here who make a sweet jig.
Old 01-12-2004, 12:50 AM
Keeper

THANKS for the kind words guys!! If I can help you out wolf just holler. I see by some other post Tom that you made a trip to the "body shop". Ya gott learn my friend that if your gonna net all those monster eyes on your knees to wear some pads. ;-) Here's hoping you heal real fast cause I bet you can hear them eyes calling your name. Hutch
Old 01-12-2004, 06:57 AM
smitty 2003

Hutch's jigs are top notch. I too tie my own bucktail jigs as well as selling some in a small shop. If you are in the southern WI area, I'd give you directions to it. I'll tie whatever color combos you want on a variety of jig styles, hook sizes, etc. I do not have a website or send stuff through the mail. Good luck.
Old 01-12-2004, 07:18 AM
Charter Member

Smitty,

It may help if you leave an email or phone number. We're always trying to help an aspiring entrepreneur. Hope you success.

I also use Hutch's jigs and they are outstanding.

Smitty where in SE WI are you? We could be neighbors.
Old 01-12-2004, 07:50 AM
Super Moderator

Whole-heartedly endorse Hutch's jigs. Next to Cap's Rock-a-roos the best there is! Great price as well!
Old 01-12-2004, 09:59 AM
jig collector

Say, where can you get those Cap's Rock-a-Roos? I've heard of them but could never find em'. Aren't they made in Iowa somewhere?
Thanks for any info!
Old 01-12-2004, 11:02 AM
smitty 2003

I didn't want to look like I was advertising on the site. I don't want to break the rules. If this post does so, please feel free to remove it.
I am in northern Dane County on Hwy. 19, west of Sun Prairie about 2 miles, west of Token Creek about a 1/4 mile, and about 7 miles east of Waunakee.
I don't really call what I do a "business", more of a hobby gone bad ;) If anyone wants to contact me via email my address is [email protected]. I do not have a business phone number, and don't want to field calls at home. I do have dozens and dozens of tied jigs on hand as well as hundreds of jig heads from 1/80 oz. to 1 oz. in numerous head shapes. My shop will open in February and I stay open until early June. I would be happy to open for anyone who emails me now and sets up a time to meet. Thanks for any interest.
Old 01-12-2004, 11:04 AM
WILLOW- CREEKER

When it comes to a quality bucktail, you need to look no further than the SPRO line.
I too tie my own, or at least I did till this year, when I tried there bucktails, WOW what a jig, balance,shape, consistency in hair,color patterns, and a Gamakatsu hook, this is one well made and fish catching jig.
This past tournament season was an incredible one,between the fantastic finishes, big fish awards, unbelievable amount of fish caught, I can't say enough about this line of bucktails made by SPRO.
Try one, and you will wish you had done so a year ago,

A fellow bucktailer,
TOM MEANS
N.P.A.A. #401