Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
rotten transoms - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 04-18-2014, 03:47 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burr View Post

Hmmm, probably because it's more of an internet problem than a real problem.

-Amen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2014, 03:49 PM
Minn quest

Default Transom

Burr,I understand what your saying, but the tell tail signs are hard to spot unless your really looking for them the only reason I found out mine was bad was a transom cap screw worked out about a quarter of a inch and wouldn't tighten down. Even with the transom wood bad I could still barely flex the transom pulling on the lower unit, in all honesty if that screw hadn't worked lose I would have never known.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:14 PM
Wallhanger

I'm going to go ahead and guess that a large percent of the people who vsit Walleye Central pay way more attention to their boats than the "average" person,...

A couple of friends of mine have boats with bad transoms, Due to owner neglect, And even when it is pointed out they just shrug and say "nah, It's still good",.......................

I won't get in those boats,...............

Lot's of folks think just because it's a boat everything is waterproof and leave them uncovered filling with rainwater or snow,.........
Old 04-18-2014, 07:22 PM
Keeper

I wouldn't have known mine was starting to rot had I not been reading here. Can't flex it yet, I imagine it would be fine to use for a few years yet, it's 8 years old. I'll take care of it over the winter.
Old 06-16-2021, 10:54 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minn quest View Post
Is this because a lot of people never really check into their transom thoroughly or just don't bother getting them fixed? How bad does the transom actually have to be before it is a major problem?Top 6 Reasons to Play Paintball
Yes x2,it's got to get real bad before the average boater will notice.
There's no way of knowing to what degree people check them,