Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Your 1st ever Canada Trip: Where and with Who? - Page 7 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 07-29-2020, 01:17 PM
Charter Member

First trip was in 1990. My brother, brother-in-law and I went to Caribou Lodge in Manitoba and fished mainly Quesnel. A memory from that trip was seeing a bear swimming between islands and driving the boat up next to him while he swam. That trip had me hooked and this year would have been my 29th consecutive year. I have been the one consistent over those trips. Others have come and gone and come back again, but I usually plan the trips and make the accommodations. We have fished Clay Lake and Lac Seul from several different camps and outpost. We did our first fly in about 10 years ago to Glitter Lake, Ontario. TO me nothing is more exciting than watching that plane disappear beyond the trees and knowing we are the only people on a lake for 4 to 5 days. I hope I have close to 30 more years of these trips and my only hope is someday when I am gone, the next year some of the old gang will get together and do one last trip as I have a feeling most of the group will no longer go. I do hope my son continues though for many years after me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2020, 06:02 PM
Keeper

Default Caesar's Lodge

1989 Caesar's Lodge, Quebec

The camp was either Mattawa or Hanotaux...

Wonderful Owner, friend and 'Emperor of the North' - Benny Brossard
Old 07-29-2020, 06:55 PM
Minnow

First ever trip was August 1987. I had just finished 8th grade and my mom thought it would be a nice gift. She sent me with my uncle and cousin who had been going up for years prior. Her being a single mom because of the passing of my father when I was only ten, thought that it would be good for me. From what I can remember we flew out of Nestor falls to a place called Eagle’s nest. I still remember the owner/cook’s name was Dorthy. I remember learning how to use a bait caster on the dock and caching a few small pike. My older cousin took my out at night to look at the stars in the sky. I still don’t think I’ve ever seen more to this day. My first fly in, my first Portage. I will never forget it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2020, 01:20 AM
Keeper

Default Hmmmmm

Canadian Haven in Nestor Falls when Glen and Lorraine ran it. What a nice couple and coming back to nice warm bread in your cabin at the end of the day was a nice treat. Back in the late 1980's
Old 07-30-2020, 12:52 PM
Wallhanger

Got laid off from work in 1963 and met my parents at Cranberry Portage, Manitoba. We fished Cranberry Lakes for a week and I drove home and went back to work. My folks came home two weeks later. That was my only time there with my parents, but I went back with friends many times.