Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Future Of Tournament Angling - Page 5 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 12-02-2012, 09:54 PM
huey

Quote:
Originally Posted by law651 View Post
The professional Tournaments have given the general fisherman tons of techniques.. Open water fishing for example would be one.. Their is no incentive for a regular guy to do something different. Where the pro needs to try and get the upper hand on everyone else fishing the tournaments. You can thank the pros for most of what you know about walleye fishing. Years ago when the walleyes went suspended most people thought they just stopped bitting. Now look at how many people are pulling boards.
Most fishing techniques were developed by local guides, not pros. The pros learned from the guides.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2012, 10:43 PM
timburr

Quote:
Originally Posted by huey View Post
Most fishing techniques were developed by local guides, not pros. The pros learned from the guides.
some of the pros back in the pwt era were guides as well as a few pros today are guides those individuals fall into the same category in my opinion
Old 12-02-2012, 11:16 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigstop View Post
I see what you're saying but life bait was as huge part of bass fishing also until they entered the 20th Century and stopped using life bait. It's now the 21st Century, time for the walleye guys to do the same.
If live bait becomes a thing of the past so do I as a fan of the sport,....
Old 12-03-2012, 12:01 AM
huey

Quote:
Originally Posted by timburr View Post
some of the pros back in the pwt era were guides as well as a few pros today are guides those individuals fall into the same category in my opinion
That is not the way it worked and everyone knows it...stop kidding yourself.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:57 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Larson View Post
If live bait becomes a thing of the past so do I as a fan of the sport,....
X2

Waxy
Old 12-03-2012, 10:01 AM
Keeper

Quote:
The walleye tournaments are still really missing the boat by allowing life bait. No one is sponsored by life bait, life bait dealers don't sponsor fishermen. If walleye guys ever really want to be in the big league they need to step up to artificial only in tournaments.

Until the walleye guys are being paid to fish by someone other than there own pocket books, no one can restrict the mechanics of the game. Live bait and walleyes is like Peanut butter and jelly.

Explain to me what you think the "Big League" is for walleye fishing

PS If I wanted to be like the Bass guys, I would be a bass guy. I ain't and dont so I wont.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:13 AM
Wallhanger

Live bait was like that in bass fishing also until BASS came along and made anglers man up and fish only with artificials. Who wants to watch a guy fishing with a worm and a bobber?
Old 12-03-2012, 11:19 AM
Slot Fish

That would be about as much fun as watching a guy trolling ski in a walleye.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:19 AM
huey

Quote:
Live bait was like that in bass fishing also until BASS came along and made anglers man up and fish only with artificials. Who wants to watch a guy fishing with a worm and a bobber?
Man up...wow! Seriously? If that is the attitude then have them “man up” and drop all electronics so they have to be one with nature and give the fish a chance.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:07 PM
Wallhanger

Thumbs down

Quote:
Yeah, because watching a guy trolling or casting a crankbait is infinitely more exciting...

Man up, lol, give me a break.

Waxy