Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Cabelas NWT championship on devils lake - Page 4 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 09-18-2015, 09:30 PM
Charter Member

Point is Devils Lake is a small community as such it shouldn't be hard to find the piece of equipment that did the work. Whether they file charges or not I don't care. I'm not jumping to any conclusions and bringing Ferguson into the discussion is a bit of a stretch don't you think?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2015, 08:19 PM
Keeper

Congrats to Scott larson! A ND guy taking the championship. Looked like great fish coming in all weekend. As far as the shenanigans that went along with the tourney I hope they find out who was involved. A move like that could be very detremental to their future sponsorships and entry into tournament fishing. We will see how it all shakes out once it is investigated. I can hardly imagine giving up all that when there is a huge lake to find fish on, but to each his own.
A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be . . . time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and fish that live there. Fred Bear
Old 09-20-2015, 05:04 AM
Wallhanger

Default Report From Up North

Here is how the locals feel about.

It is illegal.....unethical...

locals....have a dim view of tournaments and are very upset

simple as that
Old 09-20-2015, 07:40 AM
Wallhanger

The community of Devils Lake welcomes tournaments such as the NWT Championship to their community, Gary, and that includes most of the local anglers. To say it's as simple as local anglers with a dim view of tournaments being very upset is completely incorrect.
If someone did in fact try to gain an advantage to win the tournament by digging through the highway illegally has not yet been proven, but if the investigation leads to a tournament angler being responsible, it should (and will) upset more than local anglers.
Old 09-20-2015, 12:32 PM
Charter Member

Congratulations Scott - great win. Your tough to beat on DL.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:14 PM
Minnow

now for everyone to say that that spot held tournament winning fish is not correct. It does in fact hold great fish, if they are in the right mood with the right light and the right current coming over the road. Now on day one I do in fact know that less than half the 5 fish limit for one boat came out of there and the same boat had one keeper in there day one. But look at the final top 10, the tournament was won on the main lake where anyone could get to in any boat. So for so many people to be saying that this cut through was a winning spot is incorrect. Day one the big fish came out of the main lake day two same thing and day three same thing (I fished all three days) So the tournament had no outstanding bag taken out of there that would give an advantage. Now I do however hope that the people are caught and dealt with accordingly. I do hope that they never see our series again, and loose their sponsorships. If they did win money, I hope they have to pay it back and we all get a little bonus off of what they won or it goes into the tournament for next year. But don't lump us all into that category. We love to fish and be competitive and have a great time doing it. Not all of us are bad people and not all of us will go to those measures to create a secret spot. So let this poor decision leave a bad taste in your mouth for the person responsible not for the entire field.
Old 11-19-2015, 10:09 AM
trenchdigger

So was anything ever uncovered as to who dug the road?
Old 11-19-2015, 02:40 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenchdigger View Post
So was anything ever uncovered as to who dug the road?
I've heard yes, but hesitant to post anything because I can't verify from any other source.

Someone was paid a visit at work and led out in handcuffs. But I'll wait to see if there is something published to confirm the hearsay. I have a feeling he was chosen to negotiate and rollup on others involved.
Old 11-19-2015, 04:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burr View Post
I've heard yes, but hesitant to post anything because I can't verify from any other source.

Someone was paid a visit at work and led out in handcuffs. But I'll wait to see if there is something published to confirm the hearsay. I have a feeling he was chosen to negotiate and rollup on others involved.
That's interesting, I was just reading a thread on NDA from back during tourney time about the 281 cut.

HRG

I'm don't know who "johnr" is over there, but I sure do like his avatar,,,,,
Old 11-19-2015, 04:17 PM
Keeper

i will pull it back to the top see if any of the guys there have any info. If you like jaunr avatar check out the lovely ladies thread it is neat