Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Struggling To Find A Camp - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 02-10-2019, 02:40 PM
Minnow

take a look at 5 lakes lodge or gullrock lake lodge both are on south bay of gullrock and are camps that meet your requirements. ps. gullrock is GREAT fishing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2019, 03:15 PM
Wallhanger

just a bit of advice buti would be spending some time looking hard @ getting a place lined up as you are running out of time for this year. Later, Jay
Old 02-11-2019, 06:54 AM
Wallhanger

Big North Lodge in Minaki. Check out there website and Facebook page. We are going back for our sixth trip.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:27 AM
Keeper

Default Abram Lake Camp - Sioux Lookout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergy View Post
We would like the week of June 22 - 29. We want a drive to camp. We would be bringing our own boat and want a resort with protected docks. Targeting Walleye with other species a bonus. Would like a spot for the family to swim and the place to have other activities. I want to make sure the cabins are kept up and are clean. A bonus would be if the camp had RV camping. My sister and her family might want to join ya with there RV.

Thanks for the suggestions in advance.

Thanks for the suggestions.
You totally need to book at Abram Lake Camp. 4 hours from I Falls, and killer walleye fishing. You are close to town too. They have a beach, playground, RV and Camping, awesome cabins, protected dock too. You will have to cook your own meals. Huge pike and walleye are all around you. PM me if you want more info.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:26 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockape View Post
You totally need to book at Abram Lake Camp. 4 hours from I Falls, and killer walleye fishing. You are close to town too. They have a beach, playground, RV and Camping, awesome cabins, protected dock too. You will have to cook your own meals. Huge pike and walleye are all around you. PM me if you want more info.
x2...Stayed there about 15 years ago. Cabins were new then. They were first rate. Haven't been there since, but have fished that area for 50 years. You would not be disappointed. BTW You are looking at peak time and your chances of getting in anywhere are decreasing by the day...
Old 02-11-2019, 12:22 PM
Wallhanger

Default Ear Falls

Take a look st Goose Bay Camp, nice docks and space for RV's., they are close to town if some shopping is needed.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:32 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallydave View Post
Take a look st Goose Bay Camp, nice docks and space for RV's., they are close to town if some shopping is needed.
Goose Bay is a great camp. I know the week before it appeared that they had little left in the way of cabins. I would contact Andrea ASAP. Good Luck and hope you get in!
Old 02-12-2019, 07:52 AM
Wallhanger

Goose Bay is a good suggestion, another may be Scout Bay Camp on LS. Correct me if I am wrong but I thought Scout Bay had just changed ownership (am I correct) and they may have a cabin open that time , worth the phone call.

BUT, you are discovering that good camps fill FAST, and that you need to be making plans and reservations a year in advance and even then you may not be able to get in. Most camps will only start to take reservations for the following year after their guests this year have decided to book again or not, leaving the cabin open for next year.
Old 02-12-2019, 09:06 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by x4flatfish View Post
x2...Stayed there about 15 years ago. Cabins were new then. They were first rate. Haven't been there since, but have fished that area for 50 years. You would not be disappointed. BTW You are looking at peak time and your chances of getting in anywhere are decreasing by the day...
X 3.
We brought an RV there about 5 years ago. Camping was great- we did not stay in cabins. The location gets you on Minnitaki as well as Abram. Easy drive to LS too.
We loved fishing Minnitaki.
Old 02-14-2019, 05:14 PM
Minnow

Default Try Stanleys on Eagle Lake

I second the recommendation for Stanley's on Eagle Lake. A very family friendly place. Looks like they have openings for your preferred week.