Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Cell service coverage? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 08-15-2021, 01:30 PM
Keeper

Question Cell service coverage?

Friend is looking at switching cell service providers on Lac Seul Ear Falls area & wonders what is the best service coverage companies? Verizon vs ATT vs Spectrum? Thanks for your input!

RBF
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2021, 02:32 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rather-be-fishin View Post
Friend is looking at switching cell service providers on Lac Seul Ear Falls area & wonders what is the best service coverage companies? Verizon vs ATT vs Spectrum? Thanks for your input!

RBF
Doesn't matter what carrier you have for canada, You most likely will be on the Bell Network
Old 08-15-2021, 03:29 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddemon2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rather-be-fishin View Post

RBF

Doesn't matter what carrier you have for canada, You most likely will be on the Bell Network
We have 2 carriers in Canada.Rogers and Bell. So whatever you have in states will log into both of them if you get holiday pkg.Your not going to get a lot if service on Lac Suel depending how far you go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2021, 04:14 PM
Keeper

Buddy has an outpost at McLain Narrows. Called me from there a couple days ago using a cell booster. I couldn't make it this trip. We normally use a satellite phone which is fairly reasonable but you have to subscribe for a year. He cancelled it due to Covid. We'll activate next spring.
Old 08-17-2021, 12:58 PM
Keeper

I have Verizon and with the international plan activated I get service in Ear Falls. You only get .5 gig of high speed per day before it goes to 2G. Like others have said, it will hit off of Bell.
Old 08-17-2021, 01:22 PM
Charter Member

with ATT i the US with my iPhone, you can buy an international plan for $10 a day. it starts when you first use it and covers the next 24 hours. the international plan replicates what you have in the States.

phish
Old 08-17-2021, 04:50 PM
Keeper

Thumbs up

Phishfearme Thanks thatís what I plan to do too. My friend is switching to ATT to & I will tell them to take out the international plan.
RBF
Old 08-17-2021, 09:29 PM
Keeper

Default Cell service

I would prefer the old days where I crossed the border and the phone went silent for 7 days.
Just saying.
TonyO
Old 08-17-2021, 11:19 PM
Keeper

Cool

Ummmm if one of us get selected for the random Covid-19 test, we will need a cell phone & service to make the telehealth video call to take the test with the nurse watching. You gotta be prepared to do what ya gotta do to be able to go fishing in Canada! Count down is on & I can’t wait to get back up there!!!
RBF

Last edited by rather-be-fishin; 08-17-2021 at 11:50 PM.
Old 08-18-2021, 06:24 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyo View Post
I would prefer the old days where I crossed the border and the phone went silent for 7 days.
Just saying.
TonyO
I miss the old days when one didnít have to worry about turning phones off.......they didnít exist

I went off the grid for a reason...a complete unwind and reset. I literally didnít care what happened in the rest of the world for 8 days.

When cell phones came into play, mine was shut off the minute I crossed the border....it didnít work anyway. Iíd turn it one crossing back and dreaded knowing there was going to be 600-800 emails to deal with

When my Dad became a bit up in age ,and still going on trips with me, he had a need to stay in touch with home. I got the international plan through Verizon and it worked well for him. I have kept it year on year because the price is pretty cheap annually. It has served me well over the years if there was a true need to make an important call.

I guess Iím getting pretty old and need that coverage because I can be a complete idiot on most occasions.....at least that is what the wife leads me to believe.....yes dear.
She keeps the plan up to date for me.

PjShorthorn