Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
LoW Canadian Side around Harris Hill Resort - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 01-21-2021, 11:25 AM
JONNIE_DRAMA

Default LoW Canadian Side around Harris Hill Resort

Hope everyone is doing well. Our group has a trip planned for Lake of the Woods on the Canadian side (we are Canadian) around the Harris Hill Resort area. This is our first time as we have been doing Lac Seul for many years and wanted some different water for a change.

Since we are new to the area, anyone have some advice for finding the big Wallies in that area please? Don't need your special spots, just some info to send us in the right direction.

Thanks again and take care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2021, 03:58 PM
Charter Member

Big humps out in the open water. My dad caught a 34" walleye on the reef next to bouye 12... 30 years ago.
Old 01-25-2021, 03:11 PM
Minnow

What time of year is your trip? Things change dramatically throughout the year in the area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2021, 08:31 AM
JONNIE_DRAMA

Guess I should've mentioned when. Trip is last week in June and first week of July.

Thanks
Old 01-26-2021, 09:43 AM
Minnow

Prime time. You should have a good trip. My advice would be to look for reefs in deeper water but near enough to beaches. Walleyes in that area spawn along beaches and are moving out to deeper water. I don't seem to do well in the mid-lake reefs until a couple weeks later.

But - every year is a little different, so start with something that makes sense and expand your options. You'll definitely find them with enough effort.

Good luck.
Old 01-26-2021, 09:59 AM
Minnow

The lodge sits on a little bay if I recall, if water temps are not to high there will be walleye there. Troll the east end of this bay, by the island in the deepest area, we did well there.