Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Auto jiggers - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Ice Fishing - Mainly a winter sport > Ice Fishing

Old 12-17-2020, 06:43 AM
Wallhanger

Default Auto jiggers

Has any one tried any of the auto jiggers out there? I've looked at a few and they are pricey for what you get, I think anyway. Some of the are over $100 or more. There is one called Smart jig or something like that that's cheaper and looks pretty good. Kind of a neat thing if you have the right set up for one.

Crestliner Sportfish 1750
Johnzuki 115
GMC Sierra
Fish in the box!
Beer on ice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2020, 10:14 AM
Minnow

I know what you are talking about. I use one for the past 4 years. If you are talking about the smartjig. it works great. it is legal inMN and it allows you to hook the fish and have the fun of bring it in! . I got mine at smartjigfishing.com.
Old 02-14-2021, 08:42 AM
Keeper

I use a Lindell Auto Jigger and love it. Spendy but hardly uses any juice. I hook it up to my locator battery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2021, 09:27 AM
Minnow

Default Smartjig

I have been using the smartjig auto jigger now for a while. It works! They make a device for your rod and rattle reel. My Buddy hooked his up to a tip up and took second place in a ND fishing contest. He went home with a Traeger grill. That device comes with an adapter cord for your Vexilar or to the 12 volt system in the ice house. Also it comes with a 12 volt battery box. It works off of 12 volts. It was made by a guy who has been ice fishing for over 40 years. You get to different jigging actions to choose from. They put a lot of thought into it. The price is great. Under $60 for some models. Been cold here. I bought mine at smartjigfishing.com if anyone else is interested.
Old 02-14-2021, 09:35 AM
Minnow

I have been using the smartjig auto jigging device now for 3 months. It works great! They make several kits. They mount to your rod, can be adapted to a tip up, and they make a rattle reel. It works off of 12 volts and comes with an adapted cord to connect to my 12 volt ice house system and Vexilar. It also comes with a AA battery box. My Buddy used the Base kit , connected it to a tip up from ND and took second place in a fishing contest. He went home with a Traeger grill! The guy who makes it has been ice fishing for over 40 Years. I can pick from two different jigging actions. It doesnt hook the fish, you do I like that. The parts on the web site says it is made in the USA and uses eco friendly parts. I like that to. Anyway it is working. Anyone interested the web site is smartjigfishing.com
Old 02-14-2021, 09:37 AM
Minnow

new here