Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Boat Totaled - Page 20 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 06:48 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
I wrote an apology letter (after wife read my last letter) to the insurance company for being rude and blunt.

After what you have been through ---- I don't think I would have done that --- but, that's just me..........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2013, 07:01 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kliph View Post
Exactly!
I am not sitting on my hands.
I wrote an apology letter (after wife read my last letter) to the insurance company for being rude and blunt.
Thinking that will get them moving.

I find it harder and harder to feel bad for you Kliph.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:02 AM
Charter Member

Default Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post
I find it harder and harder to feel bad for you Kliph.
Sorry, accidents happen, that is why we all insure our vehicles and boats. I did feel bad for the guy, having this happen. But feeling sorry at this point, Nope never.
I would have turned it into my insurance, within a few days of the accident, or when I felt the other insurer was jacking me around. And I most certainly would not have posted this YARN on here to show how ridiculously #$%^^&&* I was.
I might have posted if they jacked me around at this point. And I would have posted the name of the Insurance Company here and told them I did, with a link to it.

I also would have posted $ amounts to show how they were jacking me around.

But send an apology letter

But then again that is just me....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2013, 08:21 AM
Wallhanger

i know people who are very much all about "knowing a guy" for this that or the other thing. insurance agents is one of their favorites. "call my guy for this or that". in the end they are just the face to some corporate entitiy who cares little for you. there might be little things here or there that make this agent better than that agent, but in the end, they put your crap into a computer and corporate spits out costs. file a claim? they are hamstrung by corporate. they'll sit there with a smile and tell you they are sorry but int he end there is nothing they can do.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:37 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
they'll sit there with a smile and tell you they are sorry but int he end there is nothing they can do.
I will respectfully DISAGREE with you on that one --- you pay your premium through your agent (and he gets a good cut) -- if the agent doesn't "go to bat" for you, who the heck is going to? He is your contact for your insurance - if he doesn't help - you can sure threaten to go somewhere else for ALL your insurance needs!
Old 08-29-2013, 08:45 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv4fish View Post
I will respectfully DISAGREE with you on that one --- you pay your premium through your agent (and he gets a good cut) -- if the agent doesn't "go to bat" for you, who the heck is going to? He is your contact for your insurance - if he doesn't help - you can sure threaten to go somewhere else for ALL your insurance needs!
they can go to bat all they want. they are hamstrung by corporate. i was semi involved int he game in college as an intern. the agent i worked for was one of the best in the area.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:45 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv4fish View Post
Very true, but you never know if he will truly go to bat for you until you need him. that seems like the case here. I'm sore the OP will be looking elsewhere for future insurance needs.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:37 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonfishn95 View Post
Sorry, accidents happen, that is why we all insure our vehicles and boats. I did feel bad for the guy, having this happen. But feeling sorry at this point, Nope never.
I would have turned it into my insurance, within a few days of the accident, or when I felt the other insurer was jacking me around. And I most certainly would not have posted this YARN on here to show how ridiculously #$%^^&&* I was.
I might have posted if they jacked me around at this point. And I would have posted the name of the Insurance Company here and told them I did, with a link to it.

I also would have posted $ amounts to show how they were jacking me around.

But send an apology letter

But then again that is just me....
o
You don't know what I said in the letter I sent them.
I called people today and sent e-mails today.
This is my last report in this matter until it's done.
Too many of you are criticizing me without knowing the facts.
More is happening than you know.
But thanks to those who support me.

Last edited by kliph; 08-29-2013 at 09:40 AM. Reason: sp
Old 08-29-2013, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kliph View Post
This is my last report in this matter until it's done.
Too many of you are criticizing me without knowing the facts.
More is happening than you know.
But thanks to those who support me. [/B]
Okay, we're locking this thread then, since you're done.

When you resolve this issue, please report back with what boat you bought.

Good luck!
NPAA#89
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
Vexus DVX22 Merc 400 Verado
Humminbird Helix 12s
MinnKota Terrova 112
Closed Thread