Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
99% + NCAA hoops perfect bracket hopes - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 03-25-2019, 05:24 AM
Wallhanger

No Cinderellas this year...all chalk.

Buffalo? "They were who we thought they were."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2019, 08:03 AM
Wallhanger

I got 8 of the final 16 and I am tied with 4 of the 16 in my bracket challenge group. One guy got 10. $100 per person.

Minnesota??? Never pick with your heart.
Old 03-25-2019, 08:03 AM
Wallhanger

Bobby, I took Buffalo further than I would have based on your recommendation. Don't worry, I don't hold grudges. My brackets went to sh*t without you. Hoping for a Dook-UNC championship game now. The Big 10 has gone further than I would have expected. Big 10 teams usually choke like IA did yesterday and typically don't make it beyond the 2nd round unless they are an exceptionally strong team. I have to admit, the teams that made it look pretty darn good. How about that UCF team yesterday! Their big guy can slam it without even leaving the floor! Dook was extremely lucky to make it past them, even with Zion Williamson.

Let the games continue!
Old 03-25-2019, 08:15 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo-NC View Post
Bobby, I took Buffalo further than I would have based on your recommendation. Don't worry, I don't hold grudges. My brackets went to sh*t without you. Hoping for a Dook-UNC championship game now. The Big 10 has gone further than I would have expected. Big 10 teams usually choke like IA did yesterday and typically don't make it beyond the 2nd round unless they are an exceptionally strong team. I have to admit, the teams that made it look pretty darn good. How about that UCF team yesterday! Their big guy can slam it without even leaving the floor! Dook was extremely lucky to make it past them, even with Zion Williamson.

Let the games continue!
I REALLY don't remember recommending Buffalo to anyone for basketball and as I have posted before, I DON'T normally watch BB...........it BORES the heck out of me. The game doesn't start until there is 2 minutes left and then the teams take 50 times outs or fouls to stop the clock.....B O R I N G ! ! !

BTW don't feel bad, I had the Bulls going to the Elite Eight because I heard some "expert" predict that..... I had them lose in that round thinking I might do good with that in my bracket.... my sons ESPN bracket he runs has 55 players and I'm now tied for 21 and the wifey tied for 26.....so no money coming this way unless a miracle happens......LOL
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Old 03-25-2019, 08:50 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Bobby, I took Buffalo further than I would have based on your recommendation. Don't worry, I don't hold grudges. My brackets went to sh*t without you. Hoping for a Dook-UNC championship game now. The Big 10 has gone further than I would have expected. Big 10 teams usually choke like IA did yesterday and typically don't make it beyond the 2nd round unless they are an exceptionally strong team. I have to admit, the teams that made it look pretty darn good. How about that UCF team yesterday! Their big guy can slam it without even leaving the floor! Dook was extremely lucky to make it past them, even with Zion Williamson
O
Let the games continue!
Iowa didn't choke. They got the crap beat out of them in the first half, big time. They came back pretty good and made it a game, at least.
It was a game I wasn't expecting a win from.
Maybe next year well make it another round.
Old 03-25-2019, 08:59 AM
Wallhanger

Default 99% + NCAA hoops perfect bracket hopes

Quote:

Let the games continue!

Iowa looked like garbage for a lot of that game. Remember they were the underdog and playing against a team that was #1 in the nation for a lot of the season. Iím not sure it was a choke as much as it was a game they were outclassed in and almost pulled off. That OT performance was pretty terrible, considering what they had just done in the second half.

I too thought the big ten was well overrated, but they are holding their own pretty well.

UCF should have beat Duke. Had three chances to win, two of them very routine/easy for college basketball skill level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-25-2019, 10:11 AM
Wallhanger

I called it "choke" but maybe I should have said that IA just didn't have what it takes to win the game after the huge momentum swing in their favor the 2nd half. I'm a Big 10 fan but have been disappointed too many times over the years by various Big 10 teams in general not performing at the level necessary to advance beyond the 2nd round and further.
Old 03-25-2019, 11:00 AM
Wallhanger

Mojo,

You are preaching to the choir. It seems the teams in the East always have the upper hand. Hopefully a BIG10 team will get hot this year.
To bad Taco wasn't in the game at the end to punch a flat footed dunk down and send Duke packing.
Old 03-25-2019, 09:28 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Winds View Post
I REALLY don't remember recommending Buffalo to anyone for basketball and as I have posted before, I DON'T normally watch BB...........it BORES the heck out of me. The game doesn't start until there is 2 minutes left and then the teams take 50 times outs or fouls to stop the clock.....B O R I N G ! ! !

BTW don't feel bad, I had the Bulls going to the Elite Eight because I heard some "expert" predict that..... I had them lose in that round thinking I might do good with that in my bracket.... my sons ESPN bracket he runs has 55 players and I'm now tied for 21 and the wifey tied for 26.....so no money coming this way unless a miracle happens......LOL
You were hootin and hollerin' about the bufs! College BB is boring?? Are you sure you understand it lol?
Old 03-29-2019, 06:37 AM
Keeper

Default Michigan

I had the Wolverines in my final four. I also had Tennessee beating Purdue. It's going about like every other year for me, not great!