Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Dualpro wont repair my unit - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 12-08-2021, 10:59 AM
Minnow

Default Dualpro wont repair my unit

I have a 3 bank professional series from 2014, that I bought new in 2015 (On my 2015 ranger)

One bank went bad, and I thought 'Ok no problem they're so expensive because they're repairable.' Nope. They no longer service or repair anything older then 2015.

Pretty disappointed and wont be replacing it with a dual pro. Anyone else have better luck with a different company?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2021, 07:54 AM
Keeper

I'd assume the older unit probably has a circuit board or component that's no longer readily available, which is unfortunate with electronics because that's about the age when you really need to be able to repair them.

From what I've seen there are no other units on the market that are repairable at any age. I had a Minnkota of a similar vintage and it dropped a bank at the end of this summer and Minnkota stated they're permanently sealed and non-serviceable, so my 4 bank charger is now a 3 bank for good. I'll be looking to sell that one to someone who only needs 3 banks and can fit the larger size case.

Most people I know have Dualpro or Minnkota, but a few have gotten into NOCO recently. I ended up replacing the Minnkota with a lightly used 2020 Dualpro from someone who updated to lithiums and replaced the charger rather than send it in for flashing to a lithium charging profile.
Old 12-09-2021, 08:32 AM
Wallhanger

Buy the NOCO brand. good units and reasonably priced
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2021, 10:40 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerHornen View Post
I'd assume the older unit probably has a circuit board or component that's no longer readily available, which is unfortunate with electronics because that's about the age when you really need to be able to repair them.

From what I've seen there are no other units on the market that are repairable at any age. I had a Minnkota of a similar vintage and it dropped a bank at the end of this summer and Minnkota stated they're permanently sealed and non-serviceable, so my 4 bank charger is now a 3 bank for good. I'll be looking to sell that one to someone who only needs 3 banks and can fit the larger size case.

Most people I know have Dualpro or Minnkota, but a few have gotten into NOCO recently. I ended up replacing the Minnkota with a lightly used 2020 Dualpro from someone who updated to lithiums and replaced the charger rather than send it in for flashing to a lithium charging profile.
I'd have to agree. I've had nothing but positive experiences dealing with Dual pro's CS.
Old 12-09-2021, 01:52 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerfisherman432 View Post
I have a 3 bank professional series from 2014, that I bought new in 2015 (On my 2015 ranger)

One bank went bad, and I thought 'Ok no problem they're so expensive because they're repairable.' Nope. They no longer service or repair anything older then 2015.

Pretty disappointed and wont be replacing it with a dual pro. Anyone else have better luck with a different company?
I have had great luck with Guest Charges have had them over 15 years in 3 different boats. This latest one failed rather quickly, 2 weeks before our vacation.

Both US, Canada and a local dealer worked their butts off to get me a replacement unit.. Awesome service!

With that said, I really like the sound of the Power Pole Charger.
Old 12-09-2021, 02:01 PM
Wallhanger

I have had good service out of promariner chargers over the years but WC generally frowns on them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 12-10-2021, 10:15 AM
Wallhanger

I have a Minnkota 315D that is almost 10 years old and it's still charging my 3 batteries. I have removed it from the boat and have mounted it to a piece of plywood with a handle, hook up after coming back from a trip. I leave it hooked up until the flashing green lights turn to a solid green and then I unhook the charger. Before going out on my next trip will hook up 2 days before. Never leave it hooked up 24/7 and don't bounce it down the lake. I also check water levels once a month, my last set of wet cell Deka's lasted over 7 years.
Old 12-10-2021, 12:26 PM
Wallhanger

My Dual Pro 3 bank 10 amp per bank is 21 years old this year and not one hick-up.
Old 12-10-2021, 12:55 PM
Wallhanger

Franco,

I know where you're coming from but doesn't removing your Minn Kota 315D from the boat every time that you use it defeat the main advantage of using an onboard charger?
Onboard chargers are designed to be mounted permanently in boats so that all that is needed to use them is to plug them in for convenience and they are designed for the pounding they might take when mounted in a boat also.
Like other on board chargers on the market, your charger will automatically control current and voltage so that your batteries are fully charged but not overly charged. You can still just pull the plug when lights indicate your batteries are charged and plug it in a day or so before fishing to make sure they are topped off if needed.
If there is room, why not just mount it and leave it in your boat?
It'd be alot easier.
Old 12-10-2021, 02:31 PM
Wallhanger

Default Sorry to hear this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerfisherman432 View Post

I have personally had excellent luck with Dual-Pro and was a bit surprised when I read your original post. So, I reached out to Pual-Pro today and asked specifically if they had changed their repair policy concerning chargers. I checked to see if a charger was older than 2015 could be repaired. The answer I got was that the policy had not changed and that those chargers could in fact still be rebuilt.

So, I am unsure what you were told or by whom, but I would encourage you to reach out to Dual-Pro and check again. Sometimes messages get confused on one end or the other and we don't get the correct answer.

Good luck in whatever you decide! Have a Merry Christmas!