Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Fishing partner group interest? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Share A Seat

Old 06-22-2019, 08:44 PM
Keeper

Default Fishing partner group interest?

My boys have families and there own interests. My fishing partners have given up fishing or poor health has stopped them from going. I,m not quite retired and can only fish weekends usually. It is difficult to find fishing partners a day at a time.

Just wondering if other folks are in the same position. Don't really care what I fish for just like to be on the water.

Thinking maybe a group of folks that may want to socialize once a month or so and form a group to find partners a day at a time.

I'm in north central Wisconsin and don't mind day trips to Green Bay, lake Mich, and lakes in northern or south central Wisconsin. My boat or yours.

Thoughts on forming a group?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2019, 08:30 PM
Minnow

I’m in West Michigan. I like to Walleye fish. The hardest part about owning a boat is finding another guy to fish out of it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-27-2019, 08:06 PM
Keeper

Seems the spring and fall runs are never an issue finding folks that want to go. In-between not many. That's why I was thinking of getting a few stragglers to loosely meet or chat online and maybe make some new occasional partners.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2019, 05:50 AM
Slot Fish

Hi... I just retired last month and from Chicago and i fish Door County, Lake Michigan in Chicago harbors strictly smallies though and wanna go fish Lake Erie in late fall at the Huron river lighthouse but havent fished it in over 20 yrs.
Old 06-28-2019, 07:42 PM
Keeper

Where in Door Country?

I fished out of Kewaunee a few times spring(trout) and fall(salmon). That parking lot has been flooded most of the spring at times halfway to the fish cleaning station. I think it's still flooded. Lake Mich is really high. On the Bay side in Oconto the had to move the dock up out of the water. If you look at the webcam it looks like the start in the parking lot now above the ramp.

Erie's on the bucket list. What was the fishing like at the Huron river? What would the rough details of a trip look like?
Old 06-28-2019, 08:01 PM
Slot Fish

I fish all the bays on the bay side and Rowleys bay. I fished from shore at the Huron river lighthouse and around the point and i seen people walk away with 10 fish over 9 lbs but i never did so good as i only caught a few. The just show up and feed and gone... Its a timing thing and i also fished from a boat all around the point . Now that im retired i will go for a week as when i worked i could only go on a weekend.
Old 07-31-2019, 07:13 AM
Minnow

Default Huron river

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrg668 View Post
I fish all the bays on the bay side and Rowleys bay. I fished from shore at the Huron river lighthouse and around the point and i seen people walk away with 10 fish over 9 lbs but i never did so good as i only caught a few. The just show up and feed and gone... Its a timing thing and i also fished from a boat all around the point . Now that im retired i will go for a week as when i worked i could only go on a weekend.
I fish out of Huron public launch quite regularly, most time have open seat. E-mail me.
barrywg498@hotmail.com
Old 08-12-2019, 12:48 AM
Slot Fish

I'm looking for anyone that wants to fish. I have a boat, usually head to Winnecone every 2 to 3 weeks, for a couple days. I normally go mid week, to avoid pleasure boat traffic on weekends. I've been trying to find people to go, for company number one, and I like to learn everything I can from others. I've been going to Fremont for 8 years, just discovered Winnecone this spring. If anyone is interested, I live near O'hare airport, and I'm going up this Wed about 1am, thru Friday, again. I'm open to any trips, and I'm flexible, self employed. Normally it's just me and my dog, so I stay at Wolf River Resorts, since they allow dogs.
Old 08-16-2019, 05:35 PM
Wallhanger

I am in, group of solo. I find the same thing, all the guys that say they want to fish never seem to have time. Self employed so I can go whenever. PM me lets chat.
Humminbird Helix G2 x 1
Talon
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes
Old 09-12-2019, 07:36 PM
Wallhanger

Default looking

I live just south of the WI border and north of Chicago. I'd be willing to meet up and jump in someone's boat or use my own. I too like fishing during weekdays and would be willing to travel as I am retired. Email me or PM me.
Brian
evan2003@attt.net