Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Leadcore info on Precision Trolling App - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 02-08-2018, 06:07 AM
Minnow

Default Leadcore info on Precision Trolling App

Purchased the full package ($109 one for Apple). But I can't find any information for leadcore. . I thought most lures would have an option to select leadcore as the line. In fact, on most lures I only see the 10lb XT line option. Are there some settings that need changed? Or is the app just not as useful as I thought it would be? Thx!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2018, 06:51 AM
Wallhanger

Way too many variables for leadcore IMO. I run 50 ft of floro leader and that makes a difference. Speed is a huge variable, tenths of speed make a difference. It would be nice to have a rule of thumb, but experiment to find what works for you.
Old 02-08-2018, 07:31 AM
Keeper

Default Ptd

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebrwalleye01 View Post
Purchased the full package ($109 one for Apple). But I can't find any information for leadcore. . I thought most lures would have an option to select leadcore as the line. In fact, on most lures I only see the 10lb XT line option. Are there some settings that need changed? Or is the app just not as useful as I thought it would be? Thx!
Hi nebrwalleye01, To get an idea on what Mari and Mark have put together for lead core, the easiest is probably to go to: https://www.precisiontrollingdata.com/app-content-list

When scrolling through the list the lures having data with lead core are listed. One example would be the Berkley Flicker Shad #7. When going to the app, the option is available to choose the lead core for an option.

I'm guessing they are planning on doing more lures with the lead core judging by the options listed on the content list.

Paul C.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2018, 09:44 AM
Slot Fish

Yes , lot's of variables with leadcore . Pulling in a lake or pulling up river . Speed and dive curve of lures . I have found a basic rule of thumb to be for 18# leadcore , 5 ft of depth for every color , then dial it in after that . I mainly pull in rivers so you usually want that bait within 1 foot of bottom . So , 15fow , let out 3 colors and watch the rod tip . If it just ticks once in a while good to go . I am constantly adjusting though . Letting line out and reeling line in . In a lake if you're fishing near bottom same deal . Suspended fish is a little tougher to dial in .
Old 02-08-2018, 12:54 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebrwalleye01 View Post
There are only about a dozen lures listed with leadcore for line type. Most are medium divers. All are set with a 15' leader on 18lb lead core line. Most lead core trollers use shallow runners with lead. Lures that only dive to 4 to 8 ft on their own so you can use ft per color numbers and only add a couple feet to the depth by color. It was just added as an aside to PTS. In trolling what counts is you want to know how deep each line is fishing. Lead makes that easy for shallow runners. That will be the best $109 you've spent on fishing if your read and follow the set-up they describe. Bob

Last edited by Ozark Bob; 02-08-2018 at 02:44 PM.
Old 07-01-2020, 02:26 PM
Charter Member

In the Precision Trolling - V5.0 app

18# Dacron Lead Core /15ft Leader 10# Fireline

on mine -- copied directly from the Flicker Shad 7 page

You can use this for any speed you like, as long as it's 2.0 MPH !

Also, off topic but while I have the floor, still no data for #5 Shad Rap except 10# Berkley XT some of us spend very little time on the Great Lakes fishing for Whale Walleyes and could use some additional Line data
Old 07-01-2020, 07:05 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleich View Post
In the Precision Trolling - V5.0 app

18# Dacron Lead Core /15ft Leader 10# Fireline

on mine -- copied directly from the Flicker Shad 7 page

You can use this for any speed you like, as long as it's 2.0 MPH !

Also, off topic but while I have the floor, still no data for #5 Shad Rap except 10# Berkley XT some of us spend very little time on the Great Lakes fishing for Whale Walleyes and could use some additional Line data
What do you need info on? Braid? lighter mono?
Old 07-03-2020, 07:38 PM
Slot Fish

The Troll Master app gives you data on all of the leadcore, braid, and monofilament lines in our system for all 79 crankbaits that we have loaded into the app.

The download is free and we give everyone 7 free lures to try the app with. You do need to upgrade to use anything but monofilament.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this app, I'm happy to field any questions you might have.

Thanks,
Trevor
Old 07-04-2020, 10:32 AM
Wallhanger

I got an update last week but I don't see any Shad Raps. Has there been another update? Bob
Old 07-04-2020, 10:38 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark Bob View Post
I got an update last week but I don't see any Shad Raps. Has there been another update? Bob

I am now grouping lures by Brand/Manufacturer (our list was getting too long!). If you select Rapala for Brand the Shad Raps will come up in the Lure list. If you don't see the "Lure Brand" list then you need to go to the app store to get the latest update.

If you don't see Shad Raps as an option (there should be a lot of options for Rapala), then you may need to click the Restore Purchases button to force the app to update.

Thanks,
Trevor