Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Alumacraft Warranty and Dealership Problem - Page 4 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 11-20-2020, 03:57 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspencreek View Post
Really....which AG, the one in MN, the one in SD or the one in WY?

You have done nothing wrong, and I may be reading things in the pictures that are not true. BUT, what you may have done wrong is document that these things were all something that should have been addressed at time of delivery, with Cabela's. Yes they may have no longer been a dealer, BUT they were still selling the boats, and were still in contact with Alumacraft. Are you sure that they sent in your purchase info and warranty card into Alumacraft as the selling dealer? If not, this also may be why you are getting radio silence.
Because of this COVID deal, it is possible that Alumacraft is running a skeleton crew in customer service. But I have had to deal with them on several occasions and found them to be knowledgeable and helpful, constant and regular phone calls and emails (make sure you print them off and document) should be in your future. So should copies of your purchase paperwork be forwarded to them. Your local dealer should also be obligated to assist you, letting the Alumacraft rep in your area of their resistance to help could be helpful as well. His/her name should be available thru Alumacraft or the dealer.
If nothing else, someone should be getting back to you, don't be afraid to take it up the chain of command.
Unfortunately, your location isn't helping, and that kind of makes you easy to ignore. Alumacraft now has a parent company too, customer service there may be another step.

Good Luck

Yes I do believe the salesman sent in the necessary paperwork. I did not quality for the Alumacraft rebate since Cabelas was no longer considered an authorized dealer (in the rebate fine print) but I did receive both Alumacraft and Yamaha paperwork mailed to me in the weeks that followed. I can also look up my yamaha serial # online and see the date of sale, extended warranty period, ect is all accurate.

Does anyone have a specific person/phone number with Alumacraft who may be able to help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2020, 03:58 PM
Brent Nebraska

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaska_bou View Post
Looks like there is some doubt or misunderstanding about my issues I will help clear up for those of you who think something isn't right.

I bought this boat NEW from the Mitchell, SD Cabelas boat center and made the initial purchase over the phone with a deposit. The store is an 8 hour drive from where I live in central Wyoming. The ONE good thing the Mitchell store did on my behalf was offer to meet me half way at the Rapid City Cabelas store at the time I was ready to take delivery. After the boat was rigged with what I had wanted I ended up meeting and signing the paperwork in March of 2018. I did look over the boat but felt somewhat pressured through the process so the salesman could get back on the road for his 4 hour drive home. The photos I attached that show the inside of the glove box, the inside of the cell phone holder and the inside trim WAS noticed at the time I took delivery. The salesman was very clear that Cabelas could no longer warranty or repair anything since they were no longer an Alumacraft dealer. Because he could not help with any of the factory defects he suggested I contact my nearest dealer to purse a warranty claim but also assured me my boat had the FULL new boat warranty despite Cabelas and Alumacraft parting ways. I had no reason not to believe him so I knowingly took delivery with the said defects. I should also mention my travel cover had a broken ratchet and one torn strap at the time I took the boat.

I did contact my local dealership within a few weeks of ownership. They were less-than-willing to help process a warranty claim and referred me to a local canvas repair company regarding the travel cover where I could pay out of pocket. I went directly to Dowco, received a prepaid shipping label and Dowco repaired my cover under warranty (thank you Dowco). Nothing was resolved with the sh**ty workmanship with the rough cuts glove box, rough cuts in the cell phone holder or the short interior trim.

Fast forward to the spring of 2019 and I noticed a new crack appear in the passenger console after a winter of indoor storage. There was no abuse or misuse what-so-ever. I am well aware of the cracked console issue with Alumacraft, therefore I did pursue a second warranty claim for this console, again a second time through my local dealer, and again with no reply to my warranty claim. I contacted Alumacraft as well in June of 2019 and also received no response. I tried emailing and received only an auto-generated response, which I still have saved. Because I had the understanding the consoles were warrantied for three (3) years I kept fishing and using the boat believing I still had plenty of time to try a third time to get warranty work on the boat.

Now we are into the fall of 2020. I made a third attempt to go through my local dealer and after taking my name, hull #, phone, etc, they never returned my call and NEVER looked at the boat. I called and left messages with Alumacraft customer service with zero call back. I have also made two (2) calls to the next closest dealership in Denver Colorado and have received absolutely nothing back from them either.

Neither my local dealer, the next nearest dealer in Denver or Alumacraft will help me. I paid cash for my boat, I hold the title in my safe and take VERY good care of my equipment.

Really, as a consumer, what am I possibly doing wrong?
As a consumer, what you did wrong, was buy one of those fire sale priced Alumacrafts that were available when Cabelas dropped them. I remember guys coming on here and posting about the fantastic deal they got on these boats. You did this knowing that the place where you prchased the boat would not provide support. And you should have know by reading on here, that dealers tend to support boats they sold first nad others are a lower priority based on dealer service capacity.

As a consumer, what you did wrong was place too much emphasis on price and not enough on dealer value or how well a brand stands behind their warranty.

How's that bargain feeling now? Will you price shop your next boat?

Next time buy a better brand and from a local dealer that will support you when you need it.
Old 11-20-2020, 04:11 PM
Wallhanger

Contact both the bbb. And AG in MN. They should give you the correct location to file a claim
Old 11-20-2020, 04:11 PM
Jim Greek

Wow, after reading this I'm beginning to wonder what BRP is doing to these companies.

First Evinrude, now Alumacraft.

Have really think about buying any BRP product now.
Old 11-20-2020, 04:54 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Nebraska View Post
As a consumer, what you did wrong, was buy one of those fire sale priced Alumacrafts that were available when Cabelas dropped them. I remember guys coming on here and posting about the fantastic deal they got on these boats. You did this knowing that the place where you prchased the boat would not provide support. And you should have know by reading on here, that dealers tend to support boats they sold first nad others are a lower priority based on dealer service capacity.

As a consumer, what you did wrong was place too much emphasis on price and not enough on dealer value or how well a brand stands behind their warranty.

How's that bargain feeling now? Will you price shop your next boat?

Next time buy a better brand and from a local dealer that will support you when you need it.

I did give the "local" dealer the opportunity to earn my business at first. Their inventory consisted of only three boats, none of which I was interested in and all at full msrp pricing. I am sure many buyers who rely on a 144 month loan may not care so long as the payment fits their budget. Me? No thank you. The fact is, the Mitchell Cabelas store was the closest dealer I could find that had exactly what I was looking for.

Funny you should mention the pricing because so far I have not. I did buy the boat more than 30% below the MSRP, plus I received another 5% back in free accessories. I don't regret the purchase, in-fact I can sell my boat today for more than I paid for it. I do regret buying a brand that doesn't support their customers. You are correct about that. Like I said in my first post, this is my first and last Alumacraft.

The region I live in is devoid of good, reputable Alumacraft dealers and a lack of competition generally does not favor the consumer. Will I make the choice once again to buy my next boat out of state? Absolutely.

To be honest you sound like another dealer, probably bitter from loosing business to out of state pricing and selection. To suggest a consumer who takes advantage of an out of state purchase is deserving of neither quality or brand support is, well, just plain ignorant.
Old 11-20-2020, 04:57 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Nebraska View Post
I remember guys coming on here and posting about the fantastic deal they got on these boats.
So since you have been coming on Walleye Central for several years according to your post above I am curious what username are you trying to hide by commenting as a "guest" on my post?
Old 11-20-2020, 06:22 PM
Brent Nebraska

Lmfao.

You made your bed, now go lay in it! (Cracks and all)
Old 11-21-2020, 05:51 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaska_bou View Post
So since you have been coming on Walleye Central for several years according to your post above I am curious what username are you trying to hide by commenting as a "guest" on my post?
Unfortunately not all those here are MEN that post and it looks like Brent can be added to that list.
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Old 11-21-2020, 07:35 AM
Wallhanger

Agree Bobby. Some people just need to go away. There are names for them but can't put them here. 😆
Old 11-21-2020, 06:42 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Pothen View Post
Agree Bobby. Some people just need to go away. There are names for them but can't put them here. 😆
Yes you can....RichardHeads!

Marty