Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Have You Inspected Your PFD? - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 03-15-2018, 08:49 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvonbank View Post
Thanks for sharing this reminder. A coworker let me know about it and my 2015 Ranger had one of the recalled Kidde's on it. It was pretty easy to get the replacement and change the mounts out in the boat to hold a different extinguisher (replacement for my was different dimensions).

Jared

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
ffishman and jvonbank. I received my replacement kiddie extinguisher today. Instructions in the box said I should return the defective one. Did either of you bother to return yours? I was planning on keeping it in the garage as an extra "just in case" extinguisher. The recall states

Hazard:
The fire extinguishers can become clogged or require excessive force to discharge and can fail to activate during a fire emergency. In addition, the nozzle can detach with enough force to pose an impact hazard.

I have a working extinguisher on hand, I was just planning on using the defective one as a backup. Sort of a pain to box it back up and arrange a FedEx pickup for a hazardous shipment...you can not take it to a FedEx store to drop it off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2018, 08:58 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel8 View Post
ffishman and jvonbank. I received my replacement kiddie extinguisher today. Instructions in the box said I should return the defective one. Did either of you bother to return yours? I was planning on keeping it in the garage as an extra "just in case" extinguisher. The recall states

Hazard:
The fire extinguishers can become clogged or require excessive force to discharge and can fail to activate during a fire emergency. In addition, the nozzle can detach with enough force to pose an impact hazard.

I have a working extinguisher on hand, I was just planning on using the defective one as a backup. Sort of a pain to box it back up and arrange a FedEx pickup for a hazardous shipment...you can not take it to a FedEx store to drop it off.
I did return mine. I had to take it to a special FedEx drop-off place because it was hazardous to ship. I didn't want to risk having them try to charge me for not returning it and if it helps them to improve the design by testing it to see if it was bad that is a good thing.

Old 03-15-2018, 09:06 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvonbank View Post
I did return mine. I had to take it to a special FedEx drop-off place because it was hazardous to ship. I didn't want to risk having them try to charge me for not returning it and if it helps them to improve the design by testing it to see if it was bad that is a good thing.

Thanks for the quick reply, I really don't think they would charge me for a defective item. But you have made a good point about them testing it and learning from their mistakes. Looks like I will box it up and call FedEx to have them pick it up.