Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Amazon FRAUD!! - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 08-14-2018, 12:24 PM
CEUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by orchard frank View Post
Bought a shop vac at WallyWorld, got home, a much smaller vac in the box. No one could have looked at the return, because it was not only much smaller, all accessories missing, and was full of DIRT! Have to say the return desk was a little snotty, until I showed the sales slip from 30 minutes prior. Even then, guy was giving me the stink eye, but gave me a return slip. Opened that one before leaving. Returned a large window AC to Home Depot because of some hidden damage, they went out of their way to apologize and gave me a significant discount on the replacement.
My Home Depot experience was like your Walmart experience. Bought a cordless circular saw, got it home and it had sawdust in it and was obviously used. Tried it and a bearing in there was screeching like crazy. Drove it back to Home Depot 30 minutes away, right away, and they refused to return it. I even showed them my receipt from less than 2 hours ago. They kept insisting that I would have to send it into the manufacturer for repair. Refused to exchange it, so I asked for a refund. Got my refund, went over and grabbed a new one and paid for it. I'll about guarantee that used one went right back on the shelf again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2018, 03:53 PM
Wallhanger

I went to Home Depot for a plumbing snake to unclog a nasty toilet clog, which is redundant as they are all nasty. Anyway, the reel type snakes were unpackaged on the shelf and it was pretty obvious which one had been used....it had a light rust on it. At least I think it was rust. Grossed me right out.
Old 08-15-2018, 08:26 AM
Charter Member

I bought a Humminbird Mega Y cable to split the left and right Si. Came in original packaging, but was a standard, non mega due to a trade out.. Douchebags are everywhere..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2018, 09:36 AM
all the time

Default all the time

I do that stuff all the time. Not proud of it but it's saved me thousands over the years. Those evil corporations can afford it better than I can. Almost become a game with me as it is impossible to prove much less convict someone. It's not worth their time to pursue.
Old 08-15-2018, 10:36 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by all the time View Post
I do that stuff all the time. Not proud of it but it's saved me thousands over the years. Those evil corporations can afford it better than I can. Almost become a game with me as it is impossible to prove much less convict someone. It's not worth their time to pursue.
I really hope you're kidding.

But if you're serious, and not just trolling, please realize that your lower than a dog turd on the bottom of my boot.

Feel free to take a nap on the train tracks please.

"If you're wise enough to wear a seatbelt in your truck.....you're wise enough to wear a life jacket in your boat....." (B-man)

Grady White 208 Hard-top 200 Yami
Lund Pro V 1660 60 HP Merc
Pro-Line 24 wa 250 Verado (sold)
Lund 186 Tyee 175 Verado (sold)
Ram 2500 Cummins
Old 08-15-2018, 11:01 AM
CEUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-man View Post
I really hope you're kidding.

But if you're serious, and not just trolling, please realize that your lower than a dog turd on the bottom of my boot.

Feel free to take a nap on the train tracks please.
That stuff happens all the time. The former president of my employer, a guy worth several million $, would order all kinds of clothing and gear from Cabelas for his duck and bird hunting ventures all over the globe. When he would get back, he'd bring it all to our shipping department and have them send it all back and get a refund. He had absolutely no shame about it either.
Old 08-15-2018, 01:31 PM
all the time

Default all the time

It's a small piece of the puzzle as to why he's worth several million $. He's simply making the system work for himself. Happens "all the time", in every facet of life, not just the retail sales industry.
Old 08-15-2018, 03:13 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by all the time View Post
Karma is a beatch. Must be tough having to live your life with your head on a swivel.

PjShorthorn
Old 08-15-2018, 04:14 PM
Wallhanger

It does happen WAY more than you might expect. I worked at a local Home Depot for about a year and people tried to return stuff all the time that were, the similar item they were replacing, used, soiled and sometime blatant misrepresentations. Had a guy try to return his Old screen door in the New screen door box he had purchased less than 10 minutes earlier....I'll pause here to let that sink in. He literally walked to the parking lot, opened the box, took out the new storm door, put the old one in the box, and walked back in the store for a refund. When I opened his freshly taped open end to inspect what was inside, he ran out the door. Had another guy try to return his old Skil saw in a DeWalt Box. The efforts that some will take never surprise me anymore
Old 08-15-2018, 05:36 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjshorthorn View Post
Karma is a beatch. Must be tough having to live your life with your head on a swivel.

PjShorthorn
I'm guessing there is a lot more about "all the time" guy that we don't know.

If he steals to "save thousands of dollars," what else does he do? FYI, stealing is not "saving." If you stole $5,000 from your grandma, would you consider that saving yourself $5,000?

I bet he is a terrific role model to his kids......

He should work a little harder like everyone else so he can afford things that he wants.....

"If you're wise enough to wear a seatbelt in your truck.....you're wise enough to wear a life jacket in your boat....." (B-man)

Grady White 208 Hard-top 200 Yami
Lund Pro V 1660 60 HP Merc
Pro-Line 24 wa 250 Verado (sold)
Lund 186 Tyee 175 Verado (sold)
Ram 2500 Cummins

Last edited by B-man; 08-15-2018 at 05:48 PM.