Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Electric car - Page 8 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 06-18-2019, 09:40 AM
Wallhanger

I have a Model 3 long range AWD that I just bought in late March of this year. I'm not going to jump into the fray here, but if anyone wants to PM me here I'm happy to chat via PM or phone call and answer questions as I'm able.

Summary: I look forward to my drives every day. I charge at home very infrequently as I have 240v charging available for free (to me) at my office. When I do charge at home it is 4.4 cents per kWh. Electric utility gave me $500 to install 240v line in my garage. Feds will give me $3750 next year when I file my taxes. The car is ridiculously quick (and this isn't even the fast one) going 0-60 in about 4 seconds. It is a dream in stop & go traffic as it will keep me going the perfect speed and adjust (all the way down to a full stop) as necessary. If I would like, it will also steer itself and stay in the lane - dead center. It's comfortable too! Safest car ever tested, costs me the same as a Hyundai Sonata to insure. Supercharging is available along major routes throughout the US (and other countries) and their new V3 chargers will regain mileage at the top rate of 1000 miles per hour. This means I would stop and top off the battery (310 mile range rated) in about 10-15 minutes from about 25% charge.

All that and it looks nice too.

Good luck!

Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement