Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Vikings - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 12-09-2015, 06:40 PM
Wallhanger

well she'll probably be a playoff less year once again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2015, 07:42 PM
Super Moderator

The guys they are missing on D for this game spells ugly game again as the team depends on the D to stay within striking. Not with the five or now six D players being out for this one
The o-line can't protect, its best to rest the D and hope they are healthy for the final three, they will need two out of three to get to that 10-6 and if in post season, one & done.

imo this is NOT a teddy issue, he showed some nice game last season when much more was on his back with a much less running game, but enough.

I will hold out judgement on teddy for a few more years, or until we have a oline that can give him some resemblance of protection on seven step drops.

Meanwhile I am prepared for 8-5 the ugly way.
Mid season I said it would be a huge task just to go 500 over the final 8
Old 12-10-2015, 05:22 AM
Wallhanger

Back in August, what would you have said if someone told you the Vikes would be 8 and 5 at this point in the season ? Probably thats about where you would have expected them to be- right ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2015, 06:16 AM
Super Moderator

Nope there are plenty of threads here that I have said I feel they have exceeded any of my expectations.
Back at the start of the season we all knew we no longer had the starting right tackle and the center was iffy at best.
Last year everyone remembers how bad Kalil played on the left side and figured it would be more of the same.

This last game when you are missing the D players they were is one thing.
Then to have one of them backup safeties play 3/4 of the game with a cracked rib is another.
The Vikings injury report includes four starters
Linval Joseph, Andrew Sendejo, Anthony Barr and Harrison Smith), three reserves (Robert Blanton, Brandon Watts and Scott Crichton) and Antone Exum, Jr., who was placed on season-ending injured reserve "Ribs"

Terence Newman to safety briefly against the Seahawks, have elevated undrafted rookie Anthony Harris from their practice squad and brought back free agent Shaun Prater

they be in real trouble unless somehow the offense finds another gear and can score 30+ a game
Old 12-10-2015, 08:00 AM
Wallhanger

These types of games have a way of staying closer than expected, but I still think it will be ugly.

More than anything, I am looking for Teddy to be more aggressive and confident. If he doesn't want to end up like Ponder, he needs to start taking some shots. Even if he throws 3 interceptions, I will be happy to see some aggressiveness/gun slinging mentality.
Old 12-10-2015, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

I feel the minny D will be taking a bunch of chances with QB pressure as not to leaving the patched up secondary open for deep shots trying to stay in coverage.
Its not like the cards QB is much of a running threat, but he can make you pay both in the short & long game.

I hope its at least some-what competitive and not ugly by halftime.

I agree, Norv needs to call a game that lets Teddy open things up down field even if they are only 50/50 go up and get them chances.
The o-line must give teddy some protection and stay on their blocks even once beat as teddy has shown he can scramble for a little space.
He just needs time to throw without being on the run with his feet planted.
Old 12-10-2015, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

Here is a good read & breakdown of how bad that O-line is in front of Teddy with other team & QB comparisons
Some great film of the lack of protection as well
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/fil...-bridgewater-0
Old 12-10-2015, 04:07 PM
Wallhanger

The vikes are in a tough spot. They desperately need to draft O'line people. However, Teddy isn't the answer so what are they going to do. They don't have the money to draft good o'line players and pay a big price for a decent starting qb. Looks to me like they are caught in a nasty cycle they may not get out of for many many years. Being without an above average qb is a tough row to hoe.
Old 12-10-2015, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

Wow the guy has just over one year under his belt, and even so, a great winning percentage, the first season with a missing RB that came unexpectedly, poor play & protection mostly from the Left Tackle ALL season, then the second half of last season he lost his Right tackle.
Now this year still the right and now the center all season
Kind of unfair to suggest he is or is not the answer this early imo
The problems go far much deeper than Teddy.

edit:
Should also note that there were a handful of games last season that the D lost in the closing seconds of the game.
His record is NOT bad imo when you factor in all the other deficiencies he has worked with

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKM View Post
The vikes are in a tough spot. They desperately need to draft O'line people. However, Teddy isn't the answer so what are they going to do. They don't have the money to draft good o'line players and pay a big price for a decent starting qb. Looks to me like they are caught in a nasty cycle they may not get out of for many many years. Being without an above average qb is a tough row to hoe.

Last edited by cyber16; 12-10-2015 at 04:32 PM.
Old 12-10-2015, 05:23 PM
Wallhanger

I hope the Vikings can at least make a game of it tonight. Blowouts turn to a snoozefest after a couple quarters.