Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Propman I need advice - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 04-12-2010, 08:22 PM
Slot Fish

Default Propman I need advice

I bought a used tempest plus 23 pitch. Prop showed up with 2 vent holes with nothing in it....one had what looked like a nut in it...when I tested the prop I had vibration from 1300 rpms to 1800 rpms. I'm assuming it's because I had no pvs plugs in the prop. Been to mercury site but can't seem to find a place to buy the pvs plugs. Any suggestions on where I can buy them at and what size I would need?
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2010, 09:16 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by double o View Post
I bought a used tempest plus 23 pitch. Prop showed up with 2 vent holes with nothing in it....one had what looked like a nut in it...when I tested the prop I had vibration from 1300 rpms to 1800 rpms. I'm assuming it's because I had no pvs plugs in the prop. Been to mercury site but can't seem to find a place to buy the pvs plugs. Any suggestions on where I can buy them at and what size I would need?
Thanks!
It doesn't make a difference in vibration if you run only 1 plug or 2 it don't matter, But if there is a nut in there that would throw it out of balance. The other thing since its a used prop maybe it had been repaired and didn't get done just right. As far a where to buy plugs at you can buy from your local mercury dealer or I do have them in stock they run about $2.50 a piece. I'd go with the large plugs.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:45 AM
Slot Fish

If you can ship them to me..I would like to buy 3 large and 3 medium. Let me know how you would want to do this...my wife does have paypal if you prefer to do it that way.
Also...should I take the nut out?
Thanks for your quick response and help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2010, 06:08 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by double o View Post
If you can ship them to me..I would like to buy 3 large and 3 medium. Let me know how you would want to do this...my wife does have paypal if you prefer to do it that way.
Also...should I take the nut out?
Thanks for your quick response and help.
Just PM your info and I can get them out for you. Yes take the nut out.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:24 AM
Minnow

Default Propman

Mr propman, I have the same issue. Also do you repair props?
Thanks