Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
User Name and Location - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 10-23-2021, 12:04 PM
Charter Member

Default User Name and Location

After a few responses it's become obvious that 70% of the time I am not sure that alot of these answers are relevant without knowing were the individual if from. I am not talking about a specific address but even understanding from what general area would be of help. Take Sportdog, he is from SW Alabama, if he asks a question it would be stupid for me to recommend him go to a suburb of Minneapolis to get something as I know it's really not a practical answer. Even REW doesn't let on to where he is from, unless you read every post of his. It seems that having an understanding of where each member is located would help. Just my 2 cents. BTW, David Anderson is the 7th most common name in Minnesota, and there are 4 of us in Dayton, so my privacy is protected by the popularity of my name!
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2021, 07:28 PM
Wallhanger

Bigtaproot. I am usually in Branson Missouri. With my old lady
Old 10-23-2021, 09:16 PM
Keeper

Have found myself, after reading a post, immediately going up to the top of page and look where the poster is from. Disappointing, in some cases, not knowing what part of the country the OP is from. It is what it is though.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2021, 08:21 AM
Wallhanger

I certainly agree with this. Sometimes I have an answer for a question but feel it would be foolish to recommend something to someone based on my experiences because we might be on different ends of the country. Sometimes the answer, even though it may be correct for me, just doesn't apply to them and their location. I try and stay away from questions like that just so I don't waste anyone's time.
Old 10-24-2021, 09:21 AM
Keeper

Never understood hiding your hometown. Like you say knowing where they are helps with advice . Since most of the posters here are from the mid west wouldn`t expect recommendations for S.W. PA
Old 10-24-2021, 03:12 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by egladding View Post
I certainly agree with this. Sometimes I have an answer for a question but feel it would be foolish to recommend something to someone based on my experiences because we might be on different ends of the country. Sometimes the answer, even though it may be correct for me, just doesn't apply to them and their location. I try and stay away from questions like that just so I don't waste anyone's time.
Can you give me an example ?
Old 10-24-2021, 05:41 PM
Wallhanger

Default The Down Side of This

I know there are several members such as myself that live in non-traditional walleye states but lived in walleye territory for many years and still go back to fish there. I would hate to ask a question on WC and have it discounted because I presently live in Coastal Alabama.

I do understand the spirit of your thread though.
Old 10-28-2021, 05:43 PM
Wallhanger

Usually Anonymouse is in the State of Denial, but occasionally in the State of Bliss, or sometimes in the State of Indecisiveness.
There are many Anonymouse peeps in all those places so nobody can track down & locate Anonymouse in Madison, WI 53716.
Old 10-28-2021, 10:25 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymouse View Post
Usually Anonymouse is in the State of Denial, but occasionally in the State of Bliss, or sometimes in the State of Indecisiveness.
There are many Anonymouse peeps in all those places so nobody can track down & locate Anonymouse in Madison, WI 53716.
I knew there was something about you I liked! Go Pack!
Old 10-28-2021, 11:58 PM
Keeper

I live in Northeastern Ohio. If I had an outboard motor I would be able to get into some Walleye, Saugeye and Sauger.