Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Us2 Lowrance Compatibility - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 06-02-2020, 09:42 AM
Slot Fish

Default Us2 Lowrance Compatibility

Hey guys, I have been debating for a while how to rig up my new boat. I have decided that it just isn't worth the extra coin to get the Terrova MDI with link and the Helix 9 and 7 on console and bow. I have decided to use the regular ipilot remote with Lowrance units, which someone on WC said will do 90% of what Link will do. I was going to get a regular Terrova without Us2 and save $380, and use a Lowrance HDI strapped to the bottom. Then I decided to get the Us2 and deal with not having down imaging, because I don't want to deal with the hassle of an airhose and external wires. Now, it seems that the Elite 7ti2 has a 9 pin connector which will not work with the mkr-us2-10 adapter cable unless you get another Lowrance adapter. So I need to get a Lowrance adapter for the Us2 adapter for an extra $30😡. Now I'm thinking, after paying extra for the Us2 and all these stupid adapters, I may as well just get the MDI and Bird. Is it worth it, or should I go with my original idea of a non-Us2 Terrova with a transducer strapped to the bottom?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2020, 12:58 PM
Wallhanger

I am not sure if you understand you need ipilot link to hook up to the helix. If you know that there is a world of difference from the regular ipilot. You can see all the tracs waypoints and contours with the link and the helix attached. You can follow the contour etc. However, the link costs more,the MDI costs more.ods and ends an adapter so the helix can hook to ethernet $30, adapter for the mdi to helix $30. LakeMaster chip for mapping$125. Is it worth it? Yes if you can pay the bill. I have such a set up and love it. But going back some years with more bills than money I may have gone with regular ipilot and us2. Bob
Old 06-02-2020, 04:15 PM
Slot Fish

I am going to have to go with regular ipilot and Us2, Bob. I just can't justify spending that much coin. I may have a kid starting college this fall, depending on what he decides to do. I called Minn Kota. The guy said if the transducer breaks on a us2, you can probably fix it yourself if you are relatively handy. I think I'm going to get the us2. I'll just have to get the second adapter for the Lowrance. The $30 isn't what really bothers me. It's having a bunch of adapter cables pieced together on my bow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2020, 08:19 PM
Minnow

I have the terrova hooked to a lowrance hook 7. I will post a picture if the wires tomorrow. All the wires are hidden under the bow out if the way. I was going to go with hummingbirds but could justify the extra money.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:46 PM
Slot Fish

Husker, I'm not sure, but I don't think the Hook 7 needs the extra Lowrance adapter, just the Minn Kota adapter. Of course you would know because you have it.
Old 06-03-2020, 05:34 AM
Keeper

Minn Kota just started selling a new adapter that will work with the Elite and HDS units. So only 1 adapter needed.

https://minnkotamotors.johnsonoutdoo...-elite-ti2-hds
Minn-Kota Terrova 112 w/ IPilot
Lowrance Ti2 9" console
Lowrance Point 1
Standard Horizon GX2350S
Shakespeare QC-8 Antenna
Old 06-03-2020, 11:31 AM
Slot Fish

Awesome! Thanks Flyinghappy. The guy at Minn Kota apparently didn't even know about this, because he said I would need the Lowrance adapter.
Old 06-03-2020, 03:31 PM
Minnow

Here are my wires. They are pretty well hidden they go into the bow through the black square and I only have the connectionsfor the finder out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200603_152022_1591219843460.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	485.1 KB
ID:	319226   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200603_152042_1591219859411.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	441.2 KB
ID:	319228  
Old 06-04-2020, 09:38 AM
Slot Fish

Man, that adapter wire is short. I may need another adapter just to reach the fishfinder. I like the ram mount on the bulkhead. I was thinking about doing the same, just to keep it off the bow.
Old 06-04-2020, 10:36 AM
Wallhanger

I had to add a 7 pin to 9 pin adapter when I connected my Xi5.

I don't like a mess of cords laying on the deck either. With a little creativity you should able to find a way to run your cables so they're out of the way and secure. I tucked mine into the hole for the front navigation light. I used a round file to create a nice notch for the cables. From there they run underneath and come out in a single bundle with the rest of the cords.

Now all I have is the trolling motor power cable and a single bundle to the back of my sonar unit.

Waxy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Electronics Wiring.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	500.2 KB
ID:	319256