Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Anyone book a place for next year? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 07-22-2020, 03:27 PM
Keeper

Default Anyone book a place for next year?

Probably not the smartest thing, but last week I paid a deposit to go to the Manitou Weather Station for next year. I've always wanted to go there, and with my trip shot this year i figured I'd treat myself for a 2nd trip.

Anyone else book a new place?
Old 07-22-2020, 04:58 PM
Wallhanger

Default Technically not a new booking but

I am going to Bain lake with Ganglers on rollover fully pd trip in 2021 and looking to book a 2nd trip before or after that from Winnipeg.
Old 07-22-2020, 07:46 PM
Keeper

We were planning on doing our 2nd ever fly-in trip next year (did our first in 2018). My feeling now though is that we'll wait and see what next year brings. I'm not making any reservation or putting down any deposit with this much uncertainty.

We already have this year's deposit for our normal annual Canada trip rolled over to next year. So if the border is open next year, we'll have that.

If the border is open next year, then I'll call and see if the fly-in outfit has any openings. If they do, we'll gladly take it. If not, then we'll plan on going in 2022.

However, at this point with the border being closed and no guarantees it'll be open next year, I'm not making any further reservations or paying for any further deposits. If/when the border does open, so will my checkbook.

Last edited by DaBirdman; 07-22-2020 at 07:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2020, 11:36 AM
Wallhanger

I have not yet. With the sting being received this year and yet ongoing border problems I an going to hold off most likely till after the first of the year before committing to a new fly in resort/outfitter.
Old 07-23-2020, 01:31 PM
Wallhanger

Default Rebooked this years trip

My trip due to a belly up bankrupt airline Ravn Air (Alaska) and 14 day quarantine extending till 8/3 had to be rebooked. I went from one beautiful float trip to another on my bucket list. The boys
were very happy. We are now doing a 82 mile unguided float trip starting in Lake Clark NP.

I too enjoy traveling to Canada, fly in, remote camp an great fishing but there are other places
to fish an other species aside from ......
Old 07-23-2020, 02:54 PM
Keeper

I called my resort today and they rolled our deposit from this year until next year. I was supposed to leave Saturday. This really sucks but we can't change it. I love everyone's passion for fishing in Canada. If things change in late August I will try to go yet if I can get off of work. Probably not though. Better luck next year. We are trying a lake in Michigan next week as our plan b.
Old 07-23-2020, 03:06 PM
Slot Fish

I was hesitant and decided to rebook for 2022. My trip was paid in full so I rolled my rebooking to a time I felt it was safe. My personal thought is that a vaccine may not readily be available and Canada has proven that the tourism sector is not important to them. My fear now is that I am afraid that the border will get shut down again next year businesses will totally collapse and I’ll never get services rendered and lose all my money.
Old 07-23-2020, 03:41 PM
dkean

Default 2021

Will be going to Melchett Lake in June as our outfitter was kind enough to roll our deposit over. Just hope this mess is over.
Old 07-24-2020, 08:17 AM
Keeper

We have our week at Bow Narrows booked and our motel rooms going up and coming back also booked.
Old 07-24-2020, 08:56 AM
Keeper

Holinshead lake. Rolled my deposit over. I know the place I am never going....Any camp that has to do with Clark's.