Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2015 nwt - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 09-02-2014, 08:51 PM
Minnow

Default 2015 nwt

Name the three best body of water you would like to fish and why, please include dates
Old 09-03-2014, 06:36 PM
Wallhanger

Lake Erie Western Basin - Late April - Big fish and great fishing experience (the best walleye fishery in the world?)
Lake of the Woods - August - Big fish, one of the best walleye fishing experiences in the world - also a great place to hold a major walleye tournament
Green Bay - Late May - Big fish and one of the best walleye fisheries in the world
Old 09-03-2014, 08:40 PM
Wallhanger

Either March on spring valley or Detroit early April, I'd love to see a river only tournament in Detroit. Gotta have a river tournament in the schedule and Spin Valley is different with it being almost all sauger, Detroit river because it's amazing fishery.

Erie (huron or west) in may or october, HUGE FISH

not sure but a lake out west somewhere would be cool, give something from a river a great lake and a western impoundment.

This would include about any style of fishing imaginable from jigging and handline to trolling and others.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2014, 09:03 PM
guest nwt

Lake Erie mid to late April out of Port Clinton
Bays de Noc early June out of Escanaba
Saginaw Bay August
Old 09-04-2014, 07:27 AM
j mans

green bay late may... BIG fish
Detroit river april...BIG fish
Bay de noc june...BIG fish
Old 09-04-2014, 02:57 PM
Minnow

Default 2015

I would like to see Ft. Peck in early may or anytime, Lake Sakakawea anytime really just depends what date works for the NWT to deconflict with the current tournaments on the lake, or possibly a place that hasn't had one in a while. I know that Erie is gonna be in play it always is but to get more people interested the spots have to change at least a little year to year. Look at the entry's this year at places the total schedule affects entry's for sure. Whatever the case is no buying three licenses for one tournament. The best thing about tournament fishing isn't necessarily going to a fishery that is on fire when you get there it is getting them to turn on fire and thats the cool thing about fishing

Last edited by skeeterlipripper; 09-04-2014 at 03:07 PM.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:20 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papascott View Post
Either March on spring valley or Detroit early April, I'd love to see a river only tournament in Detroit. Gotta have a river tournament in the schedule and Spin Valley is different with it being almost all sauger, Detroit river because it's amazing fishery.

Erie (huron or west) in may or october, HUGE FISH

not sure but a lake out west somewhere would be cool, give something from a river a great lake and a western impoundment.

This would include about any style of fishing imaginable from jigging and handline to trolling and others.
I'm glad Detroit isn't river only. I am usually there fishing with my wife that weekend and it's nice all the tournament boats are out on Erie
Old 09-12-2014, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator

Lake Huron in NE Lower Michigan around May. If the weather is right, you could have anywhere from the Mackinaw bridge to Saginaw Bay in play. Nice fish too!
Old 09-17-2014, 08:59 PM
Charter Member

Lake Erie, April, late.
Fort Peck - June
Lake of the Woods, August
Columbia River - September
Lake Winnipeg - October

Just because I would like to fish them, does not mean I could afford to fish any of them.

However I do daydream from time to time about organizing a tournament in September for Columbia River, and if people want to show up we'll have a tournament, have some fun during a week of prefishing, and then cap off the week with a competition. if they don't show up, I can still just be there fishing! There's no lose in that program...

Have no idea what OR, WA regs are on tournies...
Old 09-20-2014, 03:20 PM
Keeper

The Columbia River walleye community would welcome you! We have a few great tournaments every year. Unfortunately there is a pretty big hill and many miles between us and the rest of the Walleye world. The competition would be great, there are some very good walleye fisherman out here.
90hp Mercury ELPT EFI Four Stroke
Minn Kota 55 PowerDrive V2 with i-Pilot
Humminbird 798ci SI