Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
AIM Weekend Tournaments - Page 7 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 02-02-2015, 04:13 PM
details

AIM - Not sure how you open up entries with such big questions out there that need answered? does not present a very good impression for those looking to potentially fish your circuit. Also not releaseing where championship locations are make some not likely to commit but the boggest issue is no blow days and Sunday tourneys for the great lakes with no refunds given. might be a tough sell.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2015, 05:02 PM
Keeper

Hi Guys

I want to say that we had every intention to have the rules posted for the start of registration. We want to make them perfect and cover all your needs. With that being said, the blow day rule is:

14. TOURNAMENT CANCELATIONS
A. In the event of a tournament cancelation, AIM, at its sole discretion, may reschedule the event, hold a random drawing for the event purse, or transfer the entry fee to another event. NO refunds will be given.

END OF RULE

If the MWC has a blow day, and you are entered in our event for Sunday, the rule gives us the flexibility to handle each event as needed.

The Detroit river event will be a river only event with both Canadian and American side open to fish.

We are awaiting contracts on the championship location. Never want to mis lead anyone on location and then change it. I hope you can understand.

We will also be announcing your new tournament director very soon.

I want to thank all you guys that will be supporting us this year. We are developing our website to be user friendly. Your friends and family and the fans of the sport will be able to see pictures, results and standings.

Old 02-02-2015, 07:04 PM
detail

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacker2 View Post
Hi Guys

I want to say that we had every intention to have the rules posted for the start of registration. We want to make them perfect and cover all your needs. With that being said, the blow day rule is:

14. TOURNAMENT CANCELATIONS
A. In the event of a tournament cancelation, AIM, at its sole discretion, may reschedule the event, hold a random drawing for the event purse, or transfer the entry fee to another event. NO refunds will be given.

END OF RULE

If the MWC has a blow day, and you are entered in our event for Sunday, the rule gives us the flexibility to handle each event as needed.

How does the blow day rule give flexibility? The question was what if the MWC has a blow day and now it is the same day as AIM.

I think some cllarification on how you will handle your blow days might be helpful. What will dictate having a drawing vs rescheduling vs transfer the entry? SO if a team is only fishing one event and it gets blown out they are out their entry fee? Doesn't seem like a very good way to get people to participate with the risk of losing their entry fee? Maybe I am missing something? PLease share what that is.

Thanks
Old 02-03-2015, 06:32 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by detail View Post
How does the blow day rule give flexibility? The question was what if the MWC has a blow day and now it is the same day as AIM.

I think some cllarification on how you will handle your blow days might be helpful. What will dictate having a drawing vs rescheduling vs transfer the entry? SO if a team is only fishing one event and it gets blown out they are out their entry fee? Doesn't seem like a very good way to get people to participate with the risk of losing their entry fee? Maybe I am missing something? PLease share what that is.

Thanks
In the case of the MWC event. If the MWC has a blow day and they fish sunday, you will then need to decide which event you will fish on sunday. Are you in position to cash a check, stay and fish, if not, move along to AIM. And before you say it, LOL, transferring fees in that instance is not an option as to fairness for the rest of the field that is fishing the event. The payout would be smaller for the anglers that choose to fish AIM if we do so. That's the risk one must take by watching weather reports as the event draws near. Remember that if you would choose to fish the MWC your entry fee will still count as 1 of the 3 qualifiers you must enter to qualify you to enter the championship.

Rescheduling would happen if unforeseen problem arise with the host site or location way in advance.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:22 AM
Wallhanger

I had a good feeling last night after reading that there was flexibility in the rule for something like an mwc blow day.

I wake up to a negative unregistered user post and poof it seems like a a totally different answer from you Denny?

Sorry to here thats the verdict, we're out. It really sucks that every tournament in this part of the country wants to stack everything on the same weekends. It makes fishing multiple circuits near impossible. There aren't enough walleye tournament guys to fill multiple fields in ohio and michigan when scheduling is done this way. Wish you guys the best this year.

Scott

Last edited by Papascott; 02-03-2015 at 02:10 PM. Reason: cuz I can't spell
Old 02-03-2015, 02:29 PM
Keeper

Aim WWS was built for the grassroots anglers to allow as many anglers as possible to enter the events. With a sunday format a team can compete with limited vacation time needed. As tourney guys we all know there is a risk with weather, but in AIM's case a risk we have to take.

When scheduling we wanted to take advantage of the good fishing times and locations, as everyone wants to fish there when the fishing is good. There are only so many dates that are open. We worked hard with the local events to not cross them up.

I apologize if we are not able to accommodate everyone, but we tried. I encourage everyone to come out and experience AIM's C-R-R process.

Denny Fox
AIM Weekend Walleye Series
National Tournament Director
920-505-0122