Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
FLW Walleye League - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 08-10-2012, 04:17 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Walleye View Post
If they come back, what would you guys like to see?

CRR format?
Team/co format?
Divisions, East/West or Wisconsic/Minnesota?
List of 8 events and pick your best finishes out of the list of tournaments (What MWC is doing this year)? Top "X" number go to League Championship
Chance to go to Tour Championship?
How much for an entry fee? (remember, this number is directly tied to winners purse)
1 or 2 day events

Anything else you want to see?
CRR format
Co format
East/West top 5 from each division go to Tour championship making it a 50 boat field
$400 entry if 4 events, $500 if 3 events in each division
1 day event on Saturday

Last edited by 620; 08-10-2012 at 04:20 PM. Reason: because
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2012, 04:36 PM
Keeper

What I am hearing is you guys want a mid-level league, not a entry level, correct?

when the league started it was 150 bucks entry. For those of you guys who dont think winning 3 or 4 k is enough, why dont you win once and tell me what you remember the most about the win. It wont be the cash!! Tell me after 5 years what makes you feel the best about that win, it wont be the cash.

They will not get enough guys at either level to play, thus they will not make enough money. I dont see a league sustaining life.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:52 PM
Keeper

This is for MN/Wi ? ND isn't included?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2012, 04:58 PM
Wallhanger

What's wrong with putting the fish on a scale??

Keeping them alive in a catch /release tournament is part of the game,...

If you want to take picture get a job with the newspaper,......
Old 08-10-2012, 05:29 PM
Wallhanger

I should also add that I think the decision making process when fishing a no-cull tournament is also very important,...And a big part of the game,...

I have been lucky enough to fish with a bunch of Pros while fishing as an Am and I enjoy watching a Pro make and or discus decisions,...

Sometimes it goes good and other times not so much,.....

I guess that part of the game might be hard for the average fan to understand,...
Old 08-10-2012, 06:13 PM
Keeper

S. Larson, I thought 100% like you do , up until I fished my first AIM a couple weeks ago, I'm now 100% sold on CRR. Sure it takes out the challenge aspect of deciding which fish to keep and where to fish for the right fish. But mortality rate is next to nill at the release and nill delayed mortality after being boxed, bump tanked, weighed, reboxed and then hopefully released into good recovery water.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:41 AM
wimwuen unlogged

I think keeping WI and MN would still be successful. Those two states had a following because it allowed guys to not travel so far. Imagine a boater/team having to travel from Western MN all the way to Green Bay on the east side of WI. At this level, I doubt too many people want to drive 8+ hours for an entry to mid level tournament.

I did both the $150 and $300 entry fees in the league. I think doing a $200 entry for the boater, or $300 for a team would make sense. You can't continue to raise entries and expect the amount of entrants to increase. Money is tighter, and the lure of bigger purses doesn't always mean more entries. Set reasonable entry fees, start by catering to the states that have had big followings (MN,WI). Didn't we see low numbers in the Heartland and Michigan?

I wish those guys could have a better following, but if we need to prove the validity of the league, I say start with what has worked in the past and is most likely to work in the future.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:01 AM
vordee unlogged

Default luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Larson View Post
I should also add that I think the decision making process when fishing a no-cull tournament is also very important,...And a big part of the game,...

I have been lucky enough to fish with a bunch of Pros while fishing as an Am and I enjoy watching a Pro make and or discus decisions,...

Sometimes it goes good and other times not so much,.....

I guess that part of the game might be hard for the average fan to understand,...

CRR gets you as close to the OLD DAYS/PRE-SLOT as possible. As an AVERAGE FAN, I have discussed CRR with many my friends, a fair amount of pros, co's and local business owners of the lakes these tournaments are fished. They seem to like it.

You call it decision making, I call it GUESSING. I also find it frustrating to leave a school of big fish to go find small fish, aren't those the ones the AVERAGE fisherman/fan usually catches? Who knows, maybe where your from people mount 19.75 inch fish? Where I'm from people generally will not mount a fish unless it is over 10lbs.

Maybe some of the guys who fish the AIM at Oconto for the first time could weigh-in with their thoughts on CRR.....McKish comes to mind.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:08 AM
vordee unlogged

Default 620

Didn't see your post before responding, I also enjoyed fishing that event. I hope to see you at a Pro-Team Challenge next season.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:07 AM
Wallhanger

Please let's not turn this into a what format is better to thread. Let's talk about the league

John Mickish
NPAA# 379