Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Nebraska/Colorado/Wyo Reports 6.16.20 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 06-16-2020, 12:49 PM
Keeper

Default Nebraska/Colorado/Wyo Reports 6.16.20

It has been awhile since I have posted anything, as life has been a little crazy with all that has transpired, so I apologize.

I have had the opportunity to do lots of fishing due to the Covid-19 shutdown.

These are the latest reports as of the last few weeks, hope it helps.

Chatfield Reservoir: Tons of boat traffic, be early, or be prepared to not be able to get on the lake. Skinny 12-16" Walleye, and good numbers, coming out of 15-23 fow. Go slow, go small, or go fast and big lures to entice those over-pressured fish. Small jigs drug on the bottom, at slow speed, nightcrawlers drug on the bottom, or trolling large crankbaits will get a reaction strike.

Cherry Creek Reservoir: 16-20 inch Eyes coming out of 3-8 fow during low light, go to 25 fow during bright days or high boat traffic days. Jigs, cranks, crawler harnesses, etc will all do the trick.

Jackson Reservoir: Trolling Flicker Shads in 4-9 fow with planer boards for Walleye. Jigs are catching some eyes, and Wipers.

North Sterling Reservoir: Focus on 9-17 fow, windblown points, using jigs, harnesses etc. Crappie coming on smaller jigs, less than 1/8 oz in same water depth around brush. Drum will hit anything.

Jumbo (aka Julesburg) Reservoir: Bite has slowed down, but you can still catch limits of nice eyes, Crappie, and Perch. 12-24 fow, Jigs drug on bottom, harnesses, etc. Slow is better than fast.

Lake McConaughy (Nebraska). Fish are finally moving west from dam to Lemoyne. Try North side of lake along wind blown points. Jigs cast shallow, spinnerbaits whether trolled or cast up into shallows. If trolling, stay in 20-35 fow, otherwise, work the banks early in the am and late evening. Use your electronics to find fish, as this may consume most of your time. The fish are moving a lot around the lake right now.

Lake Minatare (Nebraska): Fish in 6-20 feet of water. Jigs in the brush and trees, pull harnesses on the outside edge of the trees in 15-20 fow. It will be a mixed species bag, consisting of walleye, perch, northerns, crappie, bass. Have not heard of a great crankbait trolling bite as of late. A month ago, we were getting limits of big eyes and catfish, drifting dead 6" frozen suckers which was a first for me to catch big eyes.

Glendo Reservoir (Wyoming): Wind and storms have been challenging as of late. Water was like chocolate milk which made things difficult. Jigs in 15' fow and slabbing deeper areas are very successful for limits of crappie and walleye.

Grayrocks Reservoir (Wyoming): Jigs and harnesses in 9-20 fow. Look for submerged brush, as the fish are buried in and around those spots. You can ambush Walleye on the shallower flats next to deeper transition areas. Lots of 10-18" fish, with an occasional 22+ inch. Watch the wind and the storms, and the rattlesnakes seen swimming along the banks. They seem to be curious and will swim up to your boat at times.

Hope this helps.
Lowrance Elite 7ti (x2)
Pulled by 2020 Chevy Trail Boss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2020, 07:29 PM
Keeper

Grayrocks is where I caught my first walleye in 1988. Trolling a rebel crawfish from a raft with a 1.5 hp engine. Fished it a lot until I left Wyoming in 2001. Definitely need to get back some time.