Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Trespass fees - Antelope - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Hunting Central > Big Game Hunting

Old 08-08-2008, 08:06 AM

Question Trespass fees - Antelope

Six of us are planing an Antelope hunt in Wyoming for 2009. We want to hunt unit 38 and we are in the process of trying to make contact with land owners in the area.
What is a reasonable price to pay for access to hunt a private land owners property?
Thanks,
Happy hunting to all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2008, 04:48 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRK View Post
Six of us are planing an Antelope hunt in Wyoming for 2009. We want to hunt unit 38 and we are in the process of trying to make contact with land owners in the area.
What is a reasonable price to pay for access to hunt a private land owners property?
Thanks,
Happy hunting to all
It should be pretty cheap.
I have never paid.
Most ranchers want some antelope killed off.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:09 PM

Smile

Thanks Tmac.
I also have a relative in Wyoming that is trying to make contact with some land owners.
We are looking forward to chasing around those praire speedsters next year.

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2008, 02:48 PM
minker

Default BLM Land

Since we are talking about permission to hunt out west , I thought I would ask about BLM land . We hunted last year on BLM land . We never asked anyone we just verified on a map that the land was BLM . The rancher who leased the land did stop by to inform us where his land was . It just seemed to me odd .
Old 08-21-2008, 03:24 PM
Slot Fish

Hi I live in area 38 for antlelope and I would recommend a different area the Antelope quality in this area is not very good. Area 47 is a really good area with alot of BLM ground. Not exactly sure what draw odds are but I think they are decent. I just sold my outfitting business but would be willing to give you any info you need for trade of walleye tips I am just starting to fish for them and I am very ignorant to the methods.

Thanks Jim
Old 09-12-2008, 06:20 PM
Hookem2001

There is plenty of BLM land in Wyoming. You should not need to be paying landowner fee's to hunt in Wyoming for antelope. Deer and elk maybe. But not antelope. Apply in a different unit.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:37 PM
Keeper

It is true that there is a great deal of public land here in Wyoming. And it is there for all to enjoy.

You would want to check the success ratio for drawing non-resident (or resident for that matter) for the area you are interested in. For several years the number of tags for many areas has been very limited. I have not been able to draw a local area tag in over ten years.

Many areas in eastern Wyoming have lots of antelope and lots of tags. But access can be very difficult. I know of areas that still have over 100 any antelope tags left this year. They are available on a first come first serve basis. But they are basically worthless unless you have a contact.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:51 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by minker View Post
Since we are talking about permission to hunt out west , I thought I would ask about BLM land . We hunted last year on BLM land . We never asked anyone we just verified on a map that the land was BLM . The rancher who leased the land did stop by to inform us where his land was . It just seemed to me odd .

Sounds normal to me.
Happens all the time.
Some of these fellows have had tresspasser issues in the past and don't want more.

...But, PS: Then there are some who just never pass up an opportunity to "be somebody" and will even try and bluff you off the BLM land, too.