Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Fenwick HMG - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 12-23-2012, 09:38 PM
Minnow

Default Fenwick HMG

Hey everybody I frequently stalk this site but finnaly made an account and had a rod question. Does anybody have experience with the fenwick HMG, More specifically the 6'6" med lite mod fast. I'm looking for a sensitive jigging and rigging rod in the neighborhood of 100$. I have reservations about the mod fast for jigging, so any experiences with this rod would be great. Thanks, bwcaguy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2012, 07:46 AM
wimwuen unlogged

I have that rod. It is a good pitching rod in my opinion. I prefer a shorter rod for vertical jigging as I feel you get better feel and less fatigue using a shorter rod. This would probably be good for rigging though
Old 12-24-2012, 08:13 AM
Wallhanger

For jigging I prefer the hmx 5'9" or 6' med/fast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2012, 08:17 AM
Charter Member

It's a good jigging rod. I have several, they are not my top of the line verticle jigging rods, but they see plenty of action, and get used a bunch.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:18 AM
Charter Member

Default i like the hmg

i have a 6 ft. hmg. like it. not a big time jigger,, but seems to be a nice rod when i do it.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:52 PM
Minnow

Thanks for the answers, I don't do much vertical jigging anyway so I think this rod will be great for an all purpose rod. I think I'll pair it with a pfluger president and Come out with a sweet combo!
Old 12-26-2012, 05:33 AM
Stew Pendous

Would never, ever spend another nickle on Fenwick products.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:59 AM
Wallhanger

Sorry to disagree Stew, I think they are one of the best dollar for dollar rods out there. Once you get to the performance of a Fenwick HMG or Elite series,which I think are worth the extra few dollars, you need to spend a lot of money to get negledgable differences. I love my high buck Loomis and St Croix rods but would never do it again.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:55 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawg View Post
Sorry to disagree Stew, I think they are one of the best dollar for dollar rods out there. Once you get to the performance of a Fenwick HMG or Elite series,which I think are worth the extra few dollars, you need to spend a lot of money to get negledgable differences. I love my high buck Loomis and St Croix rods but would never do it again.
Yep

X2
Old 12-26-2012, 09:28 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawg View Post
Care to elaborate stew?

I love pure fishing products as they always stand behind their products. Hence, i own many fenwicks including the HMG line and love them.

Great rods.