Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ebay Item Not As Described - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 10-14-2010, 07:55 PM
Wallhanger

Default Ebay Item Not As Described

Have you guys ran into a case where something that you bought on Ebay was listed as new and what was sent out was obviously used and 6 or 7 years old? If so what were the results? I have contacted the seller, but I am not sure at this point what I should expect to happen. I know for one thing that if I knew the real condition that I would have not paid quite as much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2010, 08:12 PM
Charter Member

Happened to me today too. Received a prop that was described differently than the condition I received it in. I've sent a message to the seller, we'll see what happens. Worse case scenario, I'll re-list it, and try to re-coup some of what I spent.
HRG
Old 10-14-2010, 08:15 PM
Charter Member

Default Same thing once

I was the winning bidder for an EBAY item that was not as advertised--luckily had paid with Pay Pal. Let the seller know using the email feature on EBAY, so your protest is recorded. In my case, I returned the item at my shipping expense, and insisted that the Pay Pal payment be reversed. You also enter a protest with Pay Pal if I remember correctly--and they guarantee a refund.
Hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2010, 06:35 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerBacker View Post
Have you guys ran into a case where something that you bought on Ebay was listed as new and what was sent out was obviously used and 6 or 7 years old? If so what were the results? I have contacted the seller, but I am not sure at this point what I should expect to happen. I know for one thing that if I knew the real condition that I would have not paid quite as much.
I contacted my Credit Card company and stopped payment, it was amazing how soon the problem was taken care of by the seller!!!

Lou
Old 10-15-2010, 07:18 AM
Wallhanger

Packerbacker: Did you pay with Paypal? As Lou said^^ - best way to do Evilbay is to use Paypal AND use your credit card for source of funds for Paypal - not your bank. If you can't resolve the issue with the seller, file a claim for "item not as described".
Old 10-15-2010, 08:20 AM
Wallhanger

Make sure ALL communication done between you and the seller is done through the Ebay message center in writing! If it comes down to you filing a claim, you want to have the evidence ther for them to see in writing. When you communicate with him in those messages, always be thinking that they may be reviewed later in "Ebay court", so be prompt, thorough and polite.

Good luck.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:28 PM
Charter Member

Default Happened this last month (the 28th)

Not as described... I filed a claim and eBay/PayPal sent me a return shipping label (at their cost!) and I returned the item for a refund. As aside, the seller is till listing the "right" product at a higher price but refused to complete the sale with the product described (same manufacturer just different model). I am leaving negative feedback... bait and switch... Not that that will matter much... But, I did not accept the seller's offer of a refund with return shipping at my expense or theirs... I wanted the correct product from the seller and when that didn't happen I filed the claim with eBay/PayPal to put a "black mark" on the seller's recod with them.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:45 PM
Wallhanger

I know a man who had this happen to him with Ebay. It was pretty funny what he said, English is not his first language. I am world famous scientist and I got took on ebay!
Old 10-16-2010, 01:48 AM
Minnow

I bought two down riggers off EBay and when I received them they were not "as described" so I contacted the seller and he to ship them back at my expense and he would refund my money . My reply was no if you want them back send me a shipping label and I'll send them back,and by the way I stopped payment on the credit card today so what do ya want to do ? He didn't like the idea of having to pay shipping back to himself,and got EBay involved and they agreed with me so to make a long story short I got my money back , he opted not to pay for return shipping , and I have two Big Jon electric down riggers at no cost. I'm not out to screw over anyone but I don't expect to be screwed over either,and I gave him every chance I could to recover what was his but he chose not to.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:10 AM
Charter Member

Ebay used to be a great place for some great deals, but I have found lately that items are being bid up too high to be any kind of a deal. I mean almost to the price you can go to a store and buy it. It seems almost like they have friends that simply bid up the price for them.
A few deals can still be found but you have to look hard for them.

Rebs