Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Question for Scott - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Complaint Department > Walleye Central Complaints, Kudos, Suggestions Etc...

Old 02-22-2012, 07:55 PM
Keeper

Default Question for Scott

Scott....maybe this has been asked and answered previously, but is it possible to have the functionality to allow paging through multiple pictures people post in their messages. Other forums have the functionality to select one picture in a post which has multiple pictures posted, then click 'next' or 'previous' on the picture to see the other pictures. I may not have described that too well, but you probably have used what I am describing.

Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2012, 08:34 PM
Charter Member

Hi Rick

Well....it's already there.

Unless I'm not picking up what you are laying down.

If you go to any album and click any picture then look at the bottom of the picture and there is a previous|next link to go back and forth.

If you look at the top right corner of the border around the picture there is another set of links to do the same thing.

Are you talking about something else?

Scott
Old 02-22-2012, 08:42 PM
Keeper

Scott.....I have used the next/previous in the albums. My question is about pictures within a thread post. Let's use this thread..... https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=191294 go down to Wade's post #5. He has about 5 pictures there. My question is related to being able to page through the pics without opening and closing each one individually.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2012, 10:17 PM
Charter Member

Ahhh.....now I follow you.

Yea....that would be a good upgrade.

Right now we are in the middle of moving to a new server, literally in the middle of it.

After we have moved everything, fixed everything.....then we are going to upgrade this forum to version 3.8.7 and that comes with an upgraded photo package that might have that in it....not sure.

What we have is pretty old....

Let's get moved and upgraded and if it's not in there .....remind me....and I'll see if we can find a third party program that will plug in or have the programmer write it in.

I like that idea.

Scott
Old 02-23-2012, 06:19 AM
Keeper

Thanks Scott. That would be great if possible. Focus on the move and update. We all appreciate what you do to make this site the best!

Rick
Old 03-03-2012, 07:22 PM
Charter Member

Default Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoGuy View Post
Scott....maybe this has been asked and answered previously, but is it possible to have the functionality to allow paging through multiple pictures people post in their messages. Other forums have the functionality to select one picture in a post which has multiple pictures posted, then click 'next' or 'previous' on the picture to see the other pictures. I may not have described that too well, but you probably have used what I am describing.

Rick
Scott, here is an example of a V-Bulletin forum, this first post has multiple pictures, but clicking on the first one allows indexing thru the rest.
http://www.outdoors911.com/reports/s...1081#post81081

HRG
Old 03-03-2012, 07:47 PM
Charter Member

I don't think that is vBulletin script......
Old 04-05-2012, 11:15 AM
Keeper

Scott.....I thought the site looked a little different this morning, then the first pictures I looked at had the ability to page thought them with the 'next' and 'previous' buttons. Fantastic!!!

Thanks

Rick
Old 04-05-2012, 09:14 PM
Charter Member

Hey, already you know more than I do about the new version.

It's not the newest version but it's the "most stable" version right now so that works for me!

Anything else you think might improve the site....let me know.

Scott