Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lake St. Joseph opening - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 03-12-2013, 02:13 PM
Wallhanger

Default Lake St. Joseph opening

Hi stjoeguy, what a nice offer from you and your group. Some fortunate individual who would like to head north this year may now have that opportunity. It looks like you have a very nice group, definitely know the lake and produce both great fish and a great time. You are a Class Act. Have a great year

Thank you,
Larry Mac
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2013, 04:42 PM
Minnow

stjoeguy,
Any idea on how much snow they have had up there? Maybe Troy can fill us in? Lake was down quite a bit last year but still had great fishing! We will be there the first week of June. Been going to Winago Lodge for about 15 years, it will be my fourth trip to Lake St. Joes. Can't wait for that boat ride and listening to Dick tell stories. One of the best guys out there!
Old 03-16-2013, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

Default Water level

Walleyeski - I haven't started watching the water level yet, but here's the site:

http://www.lwcb.ca/waterflowdata.html Click on Lake St. Joseph

I don't know how they measure anything when the lake is frozen, but here is the current chart. It looks normal.

http://www.lwcb.ca/pdf/LakeStJosephGraph2013.03.15.pdf

Last year I was a little worried when lake levels were very low in the Spring. During June the level rose dramatically, however, and by the last week in June, when we were there, the lake was relatively high. Every year brings a different water level and different surprises. Last year's visible rocks are now just below the surface or vice versa. One year we fished an area that had 3 visible rocks in a row within 30 yards, so we called it the "three stooges". The next year water was down and we had a harder time recognizing the spot, since it was now just a little sandy/rocky island. Or zipping across the lake following a half dozen previously, safely travelled tracks only to realize that with the level 2 feet lower some of these tracks aren't as safe as before.

I'm sure you'll have a great time and catch a ton of fish. P/M me and we can trade hot spots or at least help pass the time waiting for June.

Tags
canada , lake st. joseph , ontario