Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Triton build times and communication Frustration - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 11-02-2020, 05:56 AM
Guest 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rswan View Post
Here is a how they come!!
Is that a 186 Fish Hunter? If so, I didn't think a tandem axle trailer was an option. Congrats on the new boat!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2020, 07:48 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest 1 View Post
Is that a 186 Fish Hunter? If so, I didn't think a tandem axle trailer was an option. Congrats on the new boat!

You would be surprised what Triton will do for money. It was not cheap to upgrade, but on my 300 mile hauls to lake michigan It is worth every penny. Love the tandem. Except when trying to move trailer by hand, buying new tires, replacing brakes.

Definitely a special order pay and wait situation where some of these guys are now. Delivery dates are made to broken, like an angler without a boats heart.
Old 11-03-2020, 08:02 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrain View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rswan View Post
The link was a picture of my triton sitting on a semi trailor being delivered, but it failed. Look like pictures are pretty limited for posts.

Thought it would cheer up Bghunter.
Oh okay, that must be a nice sight indeed.
I'm kinda in same situation , boat was ordered in June, and it's actually in but waiting on a backordered kicker..... it's killing me.
Same here. Ordered the rig at the beginning of July. The boat and trailer came in at the end of September but no motor. I’m being told now that it will be the end of November before the motor comes in. It’s frustrating but I blame COVID for the majority of it. I’m self-soothing by telling myself that I should be happy I’m getting the rig I want. Assuming we haven't froze up yet when it comes in I will be on the water too for a little break in!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2020, 08:10 PM
Minnow

Heard back from production its on
nowsnd to expect at dealer in 3 to 4 weeks. We will see at least I heard back and said no excuse they are busy filling orders in order recieved as product is recieved. Right now 20 21 weeks. Some options are now standard on 2021s that I had ordeeded as option.
Old 11-05-2020, 10:50 AM
Slot Fish

Awesome. I hope they lift the charges for the features now standard. I hope you will throw up some pictures when the boat arrives.
Old 12-02-2020, 09:55 AM
Minnow

Just an update on this old thread for anyone else waiting on ordered boats or motors from June and July

I heard back again from my dealer and also from Triton (White River Marine Corp) as the 3 to 4 weeks have passed. New delivery date is Feb. 10th. Waiting on specific parts now Mercury Prokicker and remotes. Tahatsu who manufactures mercury small outboards was closed for 4 weeks and was already behind production. Now further behind. So I am good as at lease I received the communication I was hoping for from the start. Now lets hope this holds up and I can get to fishing in March!
Old 12-02-2020, 04:13 PM
Slot Fish

Well looks like your wait is almost over. 2021 you will have your new rig. I was hoping you had your boat and were posting pictures today; but an update is better than nothing. Hang in there!!!
Old 12-02-2020, 08:21 PM
Keeper

I will admit you guys have way more patience than I do. I would have walked. There is no way I could mentally take this. Heck I have a fish that was suppose to be done in July. Taxidermist never got back to me I emailed at the end of August...told 3-4 weeks. Still no fish, emailed last week and was told 3-4 weeks. I'd be nice for them to email me. I feel like I'm fishing for my mount!!! If I didn't have over a $300 deposit I'd walk away. I get delays but you gotta let your customers know. Oh we closed for a month due to covid but were to lazy to send out a group email!!! ITS B.S.
Old 02-10-2021, 01:40 PM
Minnow

Exclamation

Just an update and some advice. If you are selling your boat and expecting to order one in 2021 dont expect it until fall winter 2021 unless you can find a dealer model on a showroom floor which I doubt.
I am now at week 29 of my wait for my Triton. Build date was for today but once again the dealer checked last week and even sent me the screen shot of all the boats waiting to be built at Triton. order date to build date is 5 6 and 7 months by this spreadsheet screenshot. My new date is 2/25/2021. that is 31 weeks and 4th delay. And yes they do put customer orders presold boats ahead of dealer stock boats. But if the dealer sells a boat that is a stock order it will be put in the line with sold boats.
I actually am patiently waiting as the lakes are hard in Ohio for the most part. Just praying for a early March mid March delivery.

Yes boats resell at a all time high. but so is the wait to get one, and dealers are getting asking price for used and new ones. When it arrives I will let you know. Yes if you are boatless hit me up for a ride until yours arrives . LOL I may have to ask for a ride during crappie bite time if things dont progress.:
Old 02-10-2021, 03:06 PM
Wallhanger

Wow, long wait! Of late the Triton boat lot has more boats in it than I have seen since November. Good Luck