Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Como Lake - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 08-16-2019, 02:51 PM
Minnow

Default Como Lake

I am doing my research for next year (we just got back from Chapleau yesterday!) and although we have been happy with our lodge for the past few years I am looking to change it up and stay on a lake that we fish and leave the boat in as opposed to trailering out to fish each day.

Como lake looks interesting because it has some size and all of our target species and it is close enough to lakes that we can trailer to that I am familiar with in case the fishing is so so.

I’ve searched the forums and have found very little. Any recent trips there with some feedback would be fantastic. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2019, 10:40 PM
Minnow

Default Como Lake

My brother and I fished Como for the first time this year. We fished the 1st week of June. We didn't have much success, but we figured that was due to weather conditions. The ice came off the lake only 10 days before we got there and there had been quite a bit of flooding. The water temps were in the mid to high 40's but the last day water temp got up to 67 and we did catch a few. The lake has a good population of white fish we caught 3 in the 3 to 6 lb range and a few nice bass 3 to 5lbs A few walleye and no pike! So you know the fishing was down.. The Como Lake Resort owners were super, very helpful and the cabin was comfortable and well supplied. We brought our own boat and each cabin has it's own dock. They sell gas & bait. We are considering going back there in September as we liked the lake and feel it has some good potential. Previously we have done numerous fly-ins and a few train in trips but now that we are retired $$$ are a factor. They have a facebook page but that doesn't have rates etc. comolakeresort.com will get you that stuff. A few years back we had stopped in to check it out as we were in the area. We talked with many different guys who were there for the week and they all said fishing was good and they have been coming back every year for the past 20 yrs. That's why we decided to give it a shot.

Last edited by spw2350; 08-18-2019 at 10:42 PM. Reason: adding info
Old 08-19-2019, 04:06 AM
Minnow

Thanks so much for the information!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2019, 07:36 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spw2350 View Post
My brother and I fished Como for the first time this year. We fished the 1st week of June. We didn't have much success, but we figured that was due to weather conditions. The ice came off the lake only 10 days before we got there and there had been quite a bit of flooding. The water temps were in the mid to high 40's but the last day water temp got up to 67 and we did catch a few. The lake has a good population of white fish we caught 3 in the 3 to 6 lb range and a few nice bass 3 to 5lbs A few walleye and no pike! So you know the fishing was down.. The Como Lake Resort owners were super, very helpful and the cabin was comfortable and well supplied. We brought our own boat and each cabin has it's own dock. They sell gas & bait. We are considering going back there in September as we liked the lake and feel it has some good potential. Previously we have done numerous fly-ins and a few train in trips but now that we are retired $$$ are a factor. They have a facebook page but that doesn't have rates etc. comolakeresort.com will get you that stuff. A few years back we had stopped in to check it out as we were in the area. We talked with many different guys who were there for the week and they all said fishing was good and they have been coming back every year for the past 20 yrs. That's why we decided to give it a shot.
If you get back up next month, please post a report.
Old 08-23-2019, 05:45 PM
Minnow

Well I just booked for August 2020. I’m hoping the walleye and bass will cooperate! Now I just have to wait a year to post a trip report...