Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Cub Cadet Safety Switch Outsmarted Me - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 08-24-2019, 06:01 PM
Viking62

Wink You the man its works great

Quote:
Originally Posted by motocash View Post
To bypass the seat switch on a 4 pin Cub Cadet switch, you must first remove the metal(s) tab directly adjacent and inside the 4 pin female plug. Between pins 2 and 3 and looking from the back (where the wires go into the plug) there is a little metal tab that you can push forward and out. This a tab that connects all 4 wires together if the actual plug isn't installed. Push that out then jumper yellows to yellows and greens to greens. Viola! An actual mower the way it should have come from the factory.

Thanks it works great!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2019, 08:32 PM
Charter Member

Brighton,
With respect to picking things up when mowing.

I also have long arms and can bend down and pick up branches most of the time when mowing, but I wanted a bit of help to make it easier.

So, I picked up a grab it tool. Since I was seated when picking things up, I did not want a grab it tool that was too long. So, I purchased one that was 19 inches long and it is perfect. I will make a strap with a hook for it so that I can hang it on a spot on the mower for convenience.

Does save the back a lot when picking up after a big windstorm with our property filled with trees.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00THEDNL8...+Disabled&th=1
Old 08-24-2019, 08:35 PM
Charter Member

By the way, please don't put children on your lap if you are mowing with the mower blades turning.

We had a couple of neighbors who both had children with no toes on either foot, due to children slipping off a parents lap and ending up such that the mower and it spinning blades ran over their feet and chopped off their toes.

If you are just running down the street to see someone and have a child on your lap with the blades not turning - maybe. But, please - never have a child on a mower with the blades turning.

Take care