Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Who replaced your Lund transom? - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 08-24-2019, 12:28 PM
8210t 8210t is offline
Keeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: west central mn
Posts: 280
Default

What is the cost of the new transom using the factory composite board ?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #22  
Old 08-24-2019, 01:43 PM
HodakaD HodakaD is offline
Minnow
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: .
Posts: 65
Default

I've tried to get a price for the company board from two dealerships in my area, and they haven't called me back yet. When I find out I'll let you know.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-24-2019, 09:45 PM
8210t 8210t is offline
Keeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: west central mn
Posts: 280
Default

Cost of labor to put in ?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #24  
Old 08-25-2019, 09:35 AM
ltrain ltrain is offline
Wallhanger
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8210t View Post
Cost of labor to put in ?
Cost of labor from a marina is around give or take 100 an hour. Saving on labor as board is precut but board is more expensive than wood. A lot of labor cost is removal of old transom. Bolting and reattaching motor is the same. I would think in the end a transom replacement whether wood or composite would be about the same cost.
__________________
1987 Lund Baron
2005 Yamaha f150
1998 15 hp Mariner 2stroke with controllking
Rhodan 72" 36v 120 lb. thrust trolling motor
2 Simrad NSS12
Lowrance HDS 12 gen2
Lowrance point 1
Simrad is40
Sonarhub
LSS 1
2 36" Cannon tracks
2 Cannon electric downriggers
2 Highseas quad rod trees
6 Bert's ratcheting rod holders
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-25-2019, 07:47 PM
tandm tandm is offline
Keeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: northwest illinois
Posts: 282
Default

M & M Marine, Savanna, Illinois replaced a transom in a friend's Lind Pro V. 815 273-3545
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-26-2019, 02:38 PM
Mrroo Mrroo is offline
Slot Fish
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 94
Default

I did mine 100% on my own. 2 different shops wanted between $3-4K to do jus the transom. I replaced all the hoses, clamps, bilge pump and livewell pumps while mine was apart. Also completely stripped and painted the whole back of the boat and bilge area. All for around $700. I had all winter to do it. I know itís 100% now and will never rot for many many decades. The factory does suck a piss poor job on these.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-26-2019, 02:45 PM
ltrain ltrain is offline
Wallhanger
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrroo View Post
I did mine 100% on my own. 2 different shops wanted between $3-4K to do jus the transom. I replaced all the hoses, clamps, bilge pump and livewell pumps while mine was apart. Also completely stripped and painted the whole back of the boat and bilge area. All for around $700. I had all winter to do it. I know itís 100% now and will never rot for many many decades. The factory does suck a piss poor job on these.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I remember, you made a post out of it, you did a good job. That goes along with what i was saying, most of the job is labor . How many hours do you think you had in it? I bet it was at least 20 if not double that. I bet alot wish they were capable like that , would save a bunch of money. But even at the 3-4k price , it does give you peace of mind knowing it's solid and good for along time, better than factory.
__________________
1987 Lund Baron
2005 Yamaha f150
1998 15 hp Mariner 2stroke with controllking
Rhodan 72" 36v 120 lb. thrust trolling motor
2 Simrad NSS12
Lowrance HDS 12 gen2
Lowrance point 1
Simrad is40
Sonarhub
LSS 1
2 36" Cannon tracks
2 Cannon electric downriggers
2 Highseas quad rod trees
6 Bert's ratcheting rod holders
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-26-2019, 04:27 PM
Mrroo Mrroo is offline
Slot Fish
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 94
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrain View Post
I remember, you made a post out of it, you did a good job. That goes along with what i was saying, most of the job is labor . How many hours do you think you had in it? I bet it was at least 20 if not double that. I bet alot wish they were capable like that , would save a bunch of money. But even at the 3-4k price , it does give you peace of mind knowing it's solid and good for along time, better than factory.


I had a solid 40 hours in it easy. Itís not rocket science to do. But you have to have the tools and garage to do it. Iím the type who will buy the tools To do the job before I pay someone.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-27-2019, 07:37 PM
HodakaD HodakaD is offline
Minnow
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: .
Posts: 65
Default

I've talked to a couple of dealerships and finally got the cost of the composite replacement transom board. One dealership quoted $1200, the second dealership quoted $1440 plus $150 shipping. I decided to call Lund directly, and they told me $1200. As of right now I'm leaning towards having Lund replace the board in house at New York Mills. Any thoughts on this?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-27-2019, 08:29 PM
jamicra jamicra is offline
Keeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Central KY.
Posts: 222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrroo View Post
I had a solid 40 hours in it easy. Itís not rocket science to do. But you have to have the tools and garage to do it. Iím the type who will buy the tools To do the job before I pay someone.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey Mrroo, I have the time and place, but no idea how to go about replacing mine. I did a little investigating and discovered that my transom is somewhat bad. Gonna have to fix it this winter, but have no idea where or how to start. Could you let me know what is involved and where to start?
Thanks
Mike
__________________
Mike
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.