Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2016 Impact 1875 150 4S prop - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 08-22-2019, 08:27 AM
Minnow

Default 2016 Impact 1875 150 4S prop

First, introduction - I just purchased a used 2016 Impact 1875 in great condition with a 150XL factory setup with 19p aluminum prop. The boat will be used for fishing small lakes with my young boys in Oklahoma. I am new to Walleyecentral because I looked online and it looks like this is a very active forum with lots of Lund owners.

I ran the boat in about 90-95 degrees air temp and it turned 5100-5200 RPM wide open (according to the factory analog tach in console), and reached 44mph according to GPS SoG. There were two people on board plus MK terrova, 3 batteries, and maybe 40-50lbs of gear, half tank of fuel. The hole shot is great and the boat jumps up on plane in 3 seconds give or take, without a lot of bow lift. According to the in dash trim gauge I can trim the motor up about 1/4 before I start hearing ventilation and the boat handling deteriorates significantly. The motor is mounted all the way down (top hole).

I ordered a Mercury Vessel View Mobile since I don't have smart craft guages.

I would like to get a SS prop, and from reading all the posts here it seems that a 19p Tempest Plus is the popular choice for this boat / motor combination. Just want to double check with you all that have experience before I drop $600+ on a new prop. I don't know a dealer that will let me try before I buy.

Any advice welcomed! Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2019, 02:23 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okfisherdude View Post
First, introduction - I just purchased a used 2016 Impact 1875 in great condition with a 150XL factory setup with 19p aluminum prop. The boat will be used for fishing small lakes with my young boys in Oklahoma. I am new to Walleyecentral because I looked online and it looks like this is a very active forum with lots of Lund owners.

I ran the boat in about 90-95 degrees air temp and it turned 5100-5200 RPM wide open (according to the factory analog tach in console), and reached 44mph according to GPS SoG. There were two people on board plus MK terrova, 3 batteries, and maybe 40-50lbs of gear, half tank of fuel. The hole shot is great and the boat jumps up on plane in 3 seconds give or take, without a lot of bow lift. According to the in dash trim gauge I can trim the motor up about 1/4 before I start hearing ventilation and the boat handling deteriorates significantly. The motor is mounted all the way down (top hole).

I ordered a Mercury Vessel View Mobile since I don't have smart craft guages.

I would like to get a SS prop, and from reading all the posts here it seems that a 19p Tempest Plus is the popular choice for this boat / motor combination. Just want to double check with you all that have experience before I drop $600+ on a new prop. I don't know a dealer that will let me try before I buy.

Any advice welcomed! Thanks
All this sounds correct. I have a 2018, and the tempest works well. I didnt gain much speed after I got it, but It definitely eliminated the blow outs on turns. Overall I think you will find it to be the best choice.
Old 08-22-2019, 07:19 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lund1875# View Post
All this sounds correct. I have a 2018, and the tempest works well. I didnt gain much speed after I got it, but It definitely eliminated the blow outs on turns. Overall I think you will find it to be the best choice.
Thanks. What kind of RPMs and speeds are you seeing on your boat with that prop?

It seems to me that my WOT RPMs are low, but a local Mercury dealer told me that the high air temps would contribute to some of that, and that I should aim for mid range RPM this time of year if I plan to use the boat in the fall. Of course, it's also possible the analog tach is not accurate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2019, 10:33 PM
Keeper

I've got a 2018 version of that and you can raise that motor for starters. The Tempest is a very good prop and I've seen a few for sale on here in the past, there is some prop rattle at idle speeds when you go to stainless. I never run my rig at WOT so can't help with rpm's. It purrs and sips fuel at 30-35mph though-
Old 08-23-2019, 03:37 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okfisherdude View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lund1875# View Post
Thanks. What kind of RPMs and speeds are you seeing on your boat with that prop?

It seems to me that my WOT RPMs are low, but a local Mercury dealer told me that the high air temps would contribute to some of that, and that I should aim for mid range RPM this time of year if I plan to use the boat in the fall. Of course, it's also possible the analog tach is not accurate.
5400 rpm. GPS shows it about 49mph. I think the aluminum was about 47mph. But I know I have a lil more weight in the boat now, from when I first got it. You will love the impact. I still dont have all the storage full, but I keep trying to fill it.
Old 08-23-2019, 06:01 AM
Keeper

I also have a 2018 1875 Sport w/150 & 19P Tempest.

With a full tank, pro kicker, two people, and quite a bit of gear I top out @ 47-48 GPS 5200-5400 RPM. I have the vessel view mobile but always forget to start the app when running to check stats.
Did have prop chatter so I had to swap out the hub (to a Flo Torq 4, I think?) and that took care of it.

Last edited by RistoRap; 08-23-2019 at 06:03 AM.
Old 08-23-2019, 06:12 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RistoRap View Post
I also have a 2018 1875 Sport w/150 & 19P Tempest.

With a full tank, pro kicker, two people, and quite a bit of gear I top out @ 47-48 GPS 5200-5400 RPM. I have the vessel view mobile but always forget to start the app when running to check stats.
Did have prop chatter so I had to swap out the hub (to a Flo Torq 4, I think?) and that took care of it.
Thanks. I guess I will try the 19P Tempest and report back in a couple of weeks. I am not familiar with prop chatter - what are the noticable symptoms I should look for?
Old 08-23-2019, 06:41 AM
Keeper

You will feel vibration at low speed/RPM. Feels like the prop is out of balance.
Mine was really noticeable in reverse while backing away from the dock.
Old 08-23-2019, 09:22 PM
Minnow

I have an 1875 with a 150 pro xs 4s. I thought the tempest was great until I put on a bravo 1 fs 20p 4 blade. I gained a little top end and grip is awesome. Dont think I'll ever put the 19 tempest back on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 08-24-2019, 05:18 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by clawman22 View Post
I have an 1875 with a 150 pro xs 4s. I thought the tempest was great until I put on a bravo 1 fs 20p 4 blade. I gained a little top end and grip is awesome. Dont think I'll ever put the 19 tempest back on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Did you have to move your motor height for the bravo? What is your motor height?