Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Sioux Narrows Reports? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 06-09-2013, 02:47 PM
Slot Fish

Default Sioux Narrows Reports?

Anyone been out on Lake of the Woods near Sioux Narrows? If so, how deep have the walleyes been? Heading up on the 15th and just interested in discussing the fishing around Sioux Narrows and Sunset Channel area. Thanks
Old 06-10-2013, 07:45 AM
Minnow

Default My Dads report

My Father came back from LOW near Sioux Narrows yesterday. All I learned so far was that last Saturday and Sunday it got real cold! Frost on Monday! He said fishing was slow the first half of the week but started to pick up at the end of the week. Jigs shallow in weeds and wind seemed to be best but overall it was a slower week than normal.
Old 06-21-2013, 04:39 PM
Minnow

any new reports please . Heading up next week .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2013, 08:58 AM
Slot Fish

Just returned from the Sioux Narrows area on the 22nd. Walleye fishing was very good in the Sunset Channel area. Nearly all walleyes were caught in in less than 15 feet of water and many in under 6 feet of water. Jigs and plastics were all that we used, and we caught 100 to 200 walleyes a day between 3 guys. Size was pretty good with many 18 to 20 inch fish and a few 25 to 30 inch fish.

Bass were also very active in shallow water and we caught 10 to 30 a day just walleye fishing. Also caught a lot of pike over 35 inches while walleye fishing.

Weather was excellent and mayflies were hatching in some areas during the week, but crayfish were hard to find in shallow water. Water temp was 66 to about 71. Let me know if you would like any other information.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:12 AM
Minnow

Thumbs up

Wow!! sounds like you guys had a great trip . Thanks for the report .