Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
sioux narrows - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 12-11-2011, 05:09 PM
Keeper

Default sioux narrows

Hello, looking for a housekeeping cabin on lake of the woods close to good walleye action was looking at rod and reel. How far must you go in july to get on the walleye? I was reading that the sn area of low was a musky and smallie area? what is there for resorts west of sioux narrows? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2011, 12:19 PM
Keeper

By the time July comes around the water in Whitefish Bay has warmed up and you will find some of the best Walleye fishing in that area of LOTW. The water is very clear and as a result, the it takes longer to warm up in the spring, but by July is it usually very productive for some of the larger Walleyes in the lake.

Rod and Reel is a good choice, centrally located for a variety of multi species fishing.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:30 PM
Charter Member

I agree....good location, good walleye fishing (and bass and northern and muskie...even lake trout not too far off).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2011, 12:52 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpieske View Post
I agree....good location, good walleye fishing (and bass and northern and muskie...even lake trout not too far off).

Agree. Also check out Tomahawk Resort. Tomahawk's website has lake maps on it, with popular locations and descriptions. Yellow Girl Bay and the areas nearby are popular. There are other good resorts nearby as well-checking them out and talking/emailing with the owners is half the fun of planning a trip.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:36 AM
Minnow

Default sioux narrows

I second Motlongs Rod and Reel
Old 12-13-2011, 08:53 AM
Slot Fish

My family has had a cottage at Sioux narrows for nearly thirty years. Every day I see the lodge boats head twenty plus miles to go walleye fishing. I have always been able to get my walleye within five miles of the Sioux Narrows bridge. Check out the Sioux Narrows / Nestor Falls website. It lists the vast majority of the lodges and their websites. www.snnf.ca Good luck and have fun.