Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
The Rivian - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 01-20-2021, 10:04 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by thump55 View Post
I just saw a sticker on a truck window that said, "Real Trucks Don't Have Sparkplugs"

He must have been talking about this Rivian...
ha ha... think so?

black smoke.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2021, 07:50 PM
Wallhanger

Diesel!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-20-2021, 07:54 PM
Wallhanger

For those that have to put serious miles under their tires to go fishing the answer is a hard NO. I bet in 5-7 years you will start seeing a lot of those electric trucks at launches. There are a lot of people that just do not go farther than about 50 miles from their residence and that is you electric truck crowd. I am a hard NO. Joe
Old 01-20-2021, 09:43 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus Dog View Post
For those that have to put serious miles under their tires to go fishing the answer is a hard NO. I bet in 5-7 years you will start seeing a lot of those electric trucks at launches. There are a lot of people that just do not go farther than about 50 miles from their residence and that is you electric truck crowd. I am a hard NO. Joe
I just pulled an enclosed trailer out to Montana bucking 75mph headwinds giving my Armada all she had to maintain 60mph across North Dakota. I got 5mpg. Pretty sure an electric wouldn't make it 25 miles in those conditions.

I'm starting to think gas is no good at all and i might have to get back in to a diesel.
Old 01-21-2021, 05:33 AM
Wallhanger

What got me was the "Vegan Leather" interior. What ever happened to calling it what it is, vinyl seats?

Crestliner Sportfish 1750
Johnzuki 115
GMC Sierra
Fish in the box!
Beer on ice.
Old 01-21-2021, 06:07 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus Dog View Post
Yes, this. Most weekends it’s a short trip, once or twice a year a couple hundred miles. If it’s also the 40 mile a day daily driver it’s a good fit.

The Tesla was a sedan. Not a lot of sedans make good primary tow vehicles.
Old 01-21-2021, 06:27 AM
Keeper

Actually it`s a Model X which is Teslas SUV rated to tow 4960 Lbs. But it is a solid pass for me because of the range limits and pay load. My travel trailer loaded is 7000Lbs no way it works for me.
Old 01-21-2021, 07:08 AM
Wallhanger

Quite a few gas SUVs rated at 3000 or more with small gas tanks. They don’t make very good long haul vehicles. Even a pick up with a 20-25 gallon tank is going to have you stopping every couple hundred miles or so unless you want to run it right to E. It’s a shorter stop than electric recharge though.