Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Hotel near Sioux Lookout - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 01-24-2019, 11:47 AM
Minnow

Default Hotel near Sioux Lookout

Hi. We're headed up to Lake St. Joseph the first week of June and will need a hotel one night on the way there. Any suggestions for something around Sioux Lookout? We don't need anything fancy. Just clean with a decent shower.

Thanks much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2019, 01:41 PM
Wallhanger

The Best Western might be a good place to start looking, I have heard it is one of the better places in town, but have not stayed there. I would guess that the Lamplighter might be alright, it is an older style looking motel on the south side of town, but would guess it is clean. I rented a couple of rooms at the Sunset Inn last winter for guys that were helping me haul in material for a cabin build, bad choice, the place reeked of cigarette smoke and was dirty, that one is on the bottom of my list. The Forest Inn appears ok from the outside, but when I went through their lot a month or so on the way to the restaurant, it looked like they may be catering to some of the same type of clientel that Sunset Inn has, I would be suspect. It would be good to book now, Sioux Lookout gets busy in the summer.
Old 01-24-2019, 02:22 PM
Slot Fish

We always stay at the Lamplighter Inn it's always was clean.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2019, 03:00 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddogg View Post
We always stay at the Lamplighter Inn it's always was clean.
Thanks for the info, guys. I'll make a couple of calls to see what's available.
Old 01-24-2019, 03:09 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyboy123 View Post
Hi. We're headed up to Lake St. Joseph the first week of June and will need a hotel one night on the way there. Any suggestions for something around Sioux Lookout? We don't need anything fancy. Just clean with a decent shower.

Thanks much!
We've stayed at Forest Inn and Lamplighter.

Where are you going on Lake St. Joseph? Our group will be up there the 2nd week of June at the Winoga cabin.
Old 01-24-2019, 05:02 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywagon View Post
The Best Western might be a good place to start looking, I have heard it is one of the better places in town, but have not stayed there. I would guess that the Lamplighter might be alright, it is an older style looking motel on the south side of town, but would guess it is clean. I rented a couple of rooms at the Sunset Inn last winter for guys that were helping me haul in material for a cabin build, bad choice, the place reeked of cigarette smoke and was dirty, that one is on the bottom of my list. The Forest Inn appears ok from the outside, but when I went through their lot a month or so on the way to the restaurant, it looked like they may be catering to some of the same type of clientel that Sunset Inn has, I would be suspect. It would be good to book now, Sioux Lookout gets busy in the summer.
My son and I stayed at Sunset Inn last summer. That place is gross. The guy at the front desk had his hand down his throat chewing his finger nails off when we checked in, among other charming goings on. Just say no to that place.
Old 01-24-2019, 05:07 PM
Slot Fish

Best Western is nice. Stayed there last year. Free breakfast as well.
Old 01-24-2019, 05:17 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by stjoeguy View Post
We've stayed at Forest Inn and Lamplighter.

Where are you going on Lake St. Joseph? Our group will be up there the 2nd week of June at the Winoga cabin.
We go to Camp Lake St. Joseph. Favorite week of the year!
Old 01-24-2019, 05:29 PM
Slot Fish

Always stay at Best Western, no complaints
Old 01-24-2019, 09:19 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyboy123 View Post
We go to Camp Lake St. Joseph. Favorite week of the year!
If you happen to be at the landing when the Winoga barge is launching I'll be there. Just ask for Stjoeguy. I used to stay at Camp Lake St. Joseph. Merle, Doug & Shelley are great people.